Having trouble getting two TF-02 Pro lidar's working at the same time, despite good readings. (Solved)

Hi.

I am running two TF-02 lidar’s…one for downward facing terrain follow and one for forward facing and simple object avoidance. I can only get the one facing down to work in flight…it follows the terrain well in Loiter Mode. The forward facing one is not stopping at the avoid_margin I have set up as 7m. I have triple checked and all the avoid parameters are setup correctly.

I am using Telemetry 2 and GPS 2 serial ports. The downward facing one is on Telemetry 2 and using Serial 2. The forward facing is on GPS 2 and using Serial 4. In Mission Planner I am getting accurate readings from them both and accurate readings on my Herelink. I have checked the forward facing by hitting Control F and going to the Proximity Tab and it shows it reading correctly forward in meters.

I have got them to work individually on the Telemetry 2 Port, but despite good readings I am not able to make them both work in flight…only the downward facing one works.

Any thoughts, questions?

Hi @DoubleD4485,
From your question I understand that you tried to stop your vehicle at 7 meters from a static obstacle and the vehicle did not stop? Is that so?
Can you please share your logs (.bin file) from that particular flight. I’d like to verify a few parameters + if the range finder readings were healthy.

@rishabsingh3003

Yes, that is correct it is not stopping. I did a short flight this morning and attached is the .bin

Thank you so much for your help and time looking!

David

@DoubleD4485 thanks for the logs
It seems everything is fine apart from one little problem… You haven’t configured your proximity params…
i.e PRX_TYPE (which is set 0 for you)
You need to set it to 4, as rangefinder
Without this parameter, simple avoidance or path planning nothing will work.
At the same time I would suggest you to configure any one of your vacant channel on your RX as a toggle switch for proximity avoidance
The corresponding parameter would be : RCX_OPTION and value will be 40
Incase something wrong happens with your sensor, (although it should not happen) you can simply toggle the switch to “low” position and proximity avoidance will be turned off. Remember to switch it to high during flight to get the avoid obstacles!
Cheers

@rishabsingh3003

Awesome and thank you. I will go out and try it today.

David

@rishabsingh3003

Thinking about it…I did change that, but forgot to write parameters, lol.

1 Like

Happens to the best of us. Good luck!

1 Like

Everything is working well…thank you!@rishabsingh3003

2 Likes