GUIDED_noGPS yaw

Hello all,
I’m looking for better understanding of GUIDED_noGPS mode. I have written a code for GUIDED_noGPS mode for Ardu V3.6.2. Here are the following doubts:

1. It came to my understanding that in order to control yaw of drone,we have yaw angle and yaw_rate. But while performing SITL, I see that yaw angle is kind of a dummy value and yaw could be turned only using yaw_rate. But in case roll and pitch, we have proper control on both and it is independent of roll_rate and pitch_rate. Is there any way to just control angles ?

2. Next thing is regarding mode switching from GUIDED_noGPS mode to ALT_HOLD mode. I wrote command to change mode if I rc 7 is >1800. After switching mode, the pitch and roll values are increasing, while give command “rc all 0”. Any hints on why this happens.
    I hope you guys can help me to solve this weird problem. Have attached log files for it
    Cheers
    00000119.BIN (120 KB)

Update to ArduCopter 4.2.1 and re-test. guided mode has since seen many, many improvements.

@amilcarlucas Yes, I am planning to upgrade the ArduCopter.
But for now I want to work with V3.6.2 itself as I have written some of my other dependencies and codes in this version itself.

My advise still stands.

But you are free to waist your time in whatever manner you see fit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I will keep that in mind.
Thank you for the information.