Geo-Fence, Failed to send new fence points

Newbe here so I may be missing something?

Geo-Fence Polygon not uploading

Board:
HK PilotMega 2.7

Running :
ArudPlane V3.1.1 (7b4181dc)

Followed the instructions

Start by right-clicking the location you want for the return point and choosing ‘Set return location’.

After you’ve set the return point you should right click on the first point on the boundary of the fence you want. Choose ‘Draw Polygon ->Add polygon point’
You can then right-click and choose geo-fencing upload to send your fence boundary to the APM. The planner will ask you for the minimum and maximum altitude (in meters) of your fence before uploading. You can also save your fence to a file for later loading.

On Geo-Fence - Upload I get this error

"Failed to send new fence points"

When I turn on Geo-Fence (Fence Channel over 1750) I get the message
"geo-fence setup error"

The Mission Planner concole just shows this

INFO MissionPlanner.Common - getModesList Called
bps 1275 loss 3 left 0 mem 78.44921875
Input Box 2 Base Thread
INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - setParam ‘FENCE_MINALT’ = ‘46’ sysid 1 compid 1
INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - setParam ‘FENCE_MAXALT’ = ‘566’ sysid 1 compid 1
WARN MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - setParam FENCE_ACTION not modified as same
WARN MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - setParam FENCE_TOTAL not modified as same

CustomMessageBox thread calling Base Thread
CustomMessageBox thread running Base Thread

Config/Tuning is set up as, all Fence items

FENCE_ACTION 1
FENCE_AUTOENABLE 0
FENCE_CHANNEL 7
FENCE_MAXALT 566 meters
FENCE_MINALT 46 meters
FENCE_RET_RALLY 0
FENCE_RETALT 60 meters
FENCE_TOTAL 7

So I’m I doing something wrong or using the wrong setup to use Geo-Fence?

Little_Eddie

I have the same Mission Planner 1.3.10 “Failed to send new fence points” error with an APM2.6 and ArudPlane V3.1.1.

I downloaded the current code from github diydrones/MissionPlanner and build it.

This works, so I guess the problem is in the Mission Planner and it will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks to everyone

Little Eddie

My current workaround is to use the beta code to upload the Polygon and then use the release version to work with the plane at the field.

I can’t change the polygon but can change all other aspects.

This is indeed a problem in the most recent version of Mission Planner, and Michael is currently fixing it.

Mark