General Hardware Discussion Forum has to go!

The General Hardware Discussion Forum for non-3DR products is not a good idea. Members are posting requests for help with non-3DR hardware/firmware issues that should be being posted on DIY Drones. These posts will definitely not be “general” in nature!
Regards,
TCIII GM

Yeah, but before, those requests ended up in the Motors/ESC or …/Failsafe subforums under firmware and cluttered those.
When I was cleaning up I counted 12 (!) posts about calibrating ESCs which were not at all firmware related.

And as there is a strong opposition against strict moderation among the team, the only viable method to keep order and ensure, the software support is working, is to have a “general” hardware forums where people can discuss those things. However, as I wrote in the wiki group, I see this forum widely unmoderated and I also don’t see any “obligation” of supporters to read in there. From my perspective, that’s more a “user helping user” place. I’ll add a “not for clones of 3DR products” note in the description.

@StefanG,
I see your point. So this area is a place where moderators might look if they have absolutely nothing else to do:-)
Regards,
Tom C

Exactly :smiley:. Not only moderators but also supporters :slight_smile:.