Flight time help

Oh ok. Let me do that…

Read this 1st.
http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-downloading-and-analyzing-data-logs-in-mission-planner.html

If you can’t at all (from Ardupilot) then I’ve probably broken it.

If you can’t practically - that’s business as usual.

IOW it should work just extremely slow? I do use the ESP8266 radio to download logs on a couple PixRacer craft. It’s slow too but it works.

This is what I got from the dataflash log RCOUT

This is the lipo battery that I use. I have not yet gotten the total weight.

Ah, no. Just post the log file (.bin). You will need to link to a site where its uploaded (dropbox, etc) as it will be too large to attache directly.

Ok. It’ll be Google drive…

Here’s the link to the flight log. I know you said the .bin file but I included the .log as well

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1gvm87hpnp3HX_4Q427Sa44JylhC_yt2Y

Your battery seems a bit swollen/puffed. Its a sign of lot of use or if new its discharged too low. 3.5V/cell would be some what safe cutoff that gives you typically 95% of potential energy but keeps your battery fresh longer.

I looks more than little swollen. Not surprised it only flies a couple minutes. Tattu makes good batteries, but this Taotuo seems like a common cheap knockoff junk, just like the Jhonnie Worker whiskey or Daidas sportswear…

I’m going to say try a new battery after weighing your craft. That one looks toast.

Ok VDLJu & Eosbandi. I truly appreciate your feedback. This is a result of me being previously led to believe that 3.2 was the safe cutoff voltage for lipo batteries. This is my 1st time hearing that its 3.5. I will certainly keep that in mind & I will also consider increasing my cutoff V to 3.5.

Underpowered… Your RC Out is between 1600 and Max

You will have better result with 15" or larger propellers (check motor tech data).

Marc

Thanks mlebret. If its not asking for too much, could you please show me what a normal RCOUT graph should look like. That was my very 1st time ever retrieving flight data log. I certainly do not know how to read, analyze nor understand what it is I’m looking at. Is there a website or some sort of resource or literature that would teach me that? When I attempted to graph the RCOUT this is what I got…

My 15x7 props should be in the end of this week. Hopefully they will provide much better results.
Thanks again.

Hello,

This one from my OctoQuadX:

Since, I moved the Battery backward and average is around 1520.

To look at your log, uncheck TimeUS and check cases C1 to C4:

Best case scenario, RCout should be around 1500 (50% power needed for flight). Between 1350 to 1650 is acceptable, between overpowered to underpowered.

More info: http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-logs.html#logs

Marc

Definitely under powered/overweight (motor 3 is at max) and that battery sags almost 3V immediately. So, get a new battery and try the largest props that will fit. But knowing the all-up-weight will help here.

Hello Marc,

Uncheck TimeUs & check C1 - C4. I will do that this evening. That link is the same that Dave shared with me. To understand what is shown, I guess I just need to read and study that info more thoroughly & in greater detail. Thanks again.

:ok_hand: I will post the weight ASAP

woah! hasn’t anyone else noticed how bloated that battery looks! DEFINITELY already out gassing…looks like a fire waiting to happen!

ptegler