Firmware update with Error: Failed while verifying block 952

At the end of the firmware update (with APM Planner v2.0.9 for Arduplane v3.0.2 firmware) I got the error message: Failed while verifying block 952 How can I solve this problem.

If it does not help to reflash, try another firmware first, like ArduCopter, then plane, if problem persists you have bad flash, need RMA

I did flash the firmware to ArduPlane (v3.0.2) many times, always with the same error.
From ArduCopter (V3.1.3) to ArduPlane (v3.0.2) and vice versa.
When I flash with ArduCopter (v3.1.3) I have no error but with ArduCopter I have no option to choose a Plane (see picture below).
So you say to I try to RMA. What is RMA? Any tutorial on this Forum or somewhere else?
[attachment=0]7-5-2014 15.5.50 1.jpg[/attachment]

any luck if you try to flash previous version of ArduPlane ?
RMA= Return to Manufacturer , for replacement.

I am not sure it’s defective, being able to flash other firmware is a good sign.

Just to try everything; did you try to use Mission Planner to do the flashing ? - that would also exclude the possibility of bad download that may be cached.

Return to manufacturer, I think not.
I have two ArduPilot and both with the same results when flash with ArduPlane v3.0.2 firmware.
Looking on the internet I find other people reporting the same problem.

The documentation ArduPlane v3.0.2 firmware reinforces the need to migrate to PixHawk.

I have a PixHawk but I also want to continue using the APM with ArduCopter and ArduPlane.

So I believe the solution is to return ArduPilot firmware to the previous version, maybe 2.8.

Then comes another question: if the GUI APM:Planner v2.0.9 does not allow flash previous versions, how can I get back the ArduPilot firmware?

you can flash custom firmware.
that means you can build an older version from GIT, or just downlolad .hex from
firmware.diydrones.com/Plane/

[quote=“asasergio”]Return to manufacturer, I think not.
I have two ArduPilot and both with the same results when flash with ArduPlane v3.0.2 firmware.
Looking on the internet I find other people reporting the same problem.

The documentation ArduPlane v3.0.2 firmware reinforces the need to migrate to PixHawk.

I have a PixHawk but I also want to continue using the APM with ArduCopter and ArduPlane.

So I believe the solution is to return ArduPilot firmware to the previous version, maybe 2.8.

Then comes another question: if the GUI APM:Planner v2.0.9 does not allow flash previous versions, how can I get back the ArduPilot firmware?[/quote]

I had the exact same problem using Mission Planner 2.0. I tried using the old MissionPlanner software and it just worked. You should give that a try.

I hope at least one of you reported an issue at github.com/diydrones/apm_planne … state=open
if not - please contribute.
?