FBWA in 3.9.7 vs Master

In short, I’m trying to set up a tiltrotor on the Master version of arduplane, and I’ve noticed a potentially worrying difference between Master and 3.9.7. I need Master because my setup is using a UAVcan airspeed sensor, and that bit of code hasn’t found it’s way into any stable release.
However, I’ve noticed this: In Master, the aileron servo travel seems to be greatly reduced when in FBWA mode. They only move to about half as far as they normally would. The stick scaling seems to be the same, but the servos just stop responding once you go past that amount on the RC input.It also appears as though it is no longer aiming for my maximum allowed roll angle, only around half of it. Same applies to my tail surfaces, but the change is not as drastic.
With all parameters being the same, I’m at a loss as to:

1. What is causing this? And
  2. Is it even an issue? Or is it intentional?

Note that I’m doing all of this with the motors disarmed, and I’m not sure if that makes a difference or not in this case. I haven’t flown it yet, and I know that trying to go to FBWA while the motors are armed tries to start a tiltrotor transition, so I haven’t attempted that.

Any help or information on this would be greatly appreciated
-James