Failing to load map

lam running the command sim_vehicle.py --console --map --aircraft test and after that run

wp load …/Tools/autotest/ArduPlane-Missions/CMAC-toff-loop.txt but after all this Xterm just shows up and no map is showing , when l try to put the copter to guided mode its saying NO MAP. how do l get to show the map?? lam on ubuntu linux

lam running the command sim_vehicle.py --console --map --aircraft test and
after that run

wp load …/Tools/autotest/ArduPlane-Missions/CMAC-toff-loop.txt but after
all this Xterm just shows up and no map is showing , when l try to put the
copter to guided mode its saying NO MAP. how do l get to show the map?? lam
on ubuntu linux

To help diagnose, try typing:

set moddebug 3
module load map

My guess is that you’re missing Python’s wx bindings.

You might be able to fix this with:
sudo apt-get install -y python-wxgtk3.0

Hi! I am having the same problem as this where the map won’t load, I have the python wx bindings and when I run set the moddebug to 3 and try ‘module load map’ I get the below build summary:

BUILD SUMMARY

Build directory: /home/meruva/courseRoot/apm/ardupilot/build/sitl
Target Text Data BSS Total

bin/arducopter 1577252 55982 36352 1669586

Build commands will be stored in build/sitl/compile_commands.json
‘build’ finished successfully (1.896s)
SIM_VEHICLE: Using defaults from (/home/meruva/courseRoot/apm/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/default_params/copter.parm)
SIM_VEHICLE: Run ArduCopter
SIM_VEHICLE: “/home/meruva/courseRoot/apm/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/run_in_terminal_window.sh” “ArduCopter” “/home/meruva/courseRoot/apm/ardupilot/build/sitl/bin/arducopter” “-S” “-I0” “–home” “-35.363261,149.165230,584,353” “–model” “+” “–speedup” “1” “–defaults” “/home/meruva/courseRoot/apm/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/default_params/copter.parm”
SIM_VEHICLE: Run MavProxy
SIM_VEHICLE: “mavproxy.py” “–master” “tcp:127.0.0.1:5760” “–sitl” “127.0.0.1:5501” “–out” “127.0.0.1:14550” “–out” “127.0.0.1:14551” “–map” “–console”
RiTW: Starting ArduCopter : /home/meruva/courseRoot/apm/ardupilot/build/sitl/bin/arducopter -S -I0 --home -35.363261,149.165230,584,353 --model + --speedup 1 --defaults /home/meruva/courseRoot/apm/ardupilot/Tools/autotest/default_params/copter.parm

Option “-e” is deprecated and might be removed in a later version of gnome-terminal.

Use “-- ” to terminate the options and put the command line to execute after it.

Connect tcp:127.0.0.1:5760 source_system=255
Loaded module console
Failed to load module: No module named map. Use ‘set moddebug 3’ in the MAVProxy console to enable traceback
Log Directory:
Telemetry log: mav.tlog
Waiting for heartbeat from tcp:127.0.0.1:5760
MAV> STABILIZE> Received 850 parameters
Saved 850 parameters to mav.parm
set moddebug 3
STABILIZE> moduAPM: EKF2 IMU0 is using GPS
APM: EKF2 IMU1 is using GPS
module map load
STABILIZE> usage: module <list|load|reload|unload>
load module map
STABILIZE> Unknown command ‘load module map’
module load map
STABILIZE> Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/mavproxy.py”, line 407, in load_module
module = m.init(mpstate, **kwargs)
File “/home/meruva/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MAVProxy/modules/mavproxy_map/init.py”, line 834, in init
return MapModule(mpstate)
File “/home/meruva/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MAVProxy/modules/mavproxy_map/init.py”, line 62, in init
from MAVProxy.modules.mavproxy_map import mp_slipmap
File “/home/meruva/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MAVProxy/modules/mavproxy_map/mp_slipmap.py”, line 13, in
import cv2
ImportError: No module named cv2

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/mavproxy.py”, line 405, in load_module
m = import_package(modpath)
File “/usr/local/bin/mavproxy.py”, line 562, in import_package
mod = import(name)
ImportError: No module named map

Failed to load module: No module named map.

any help with this would be great :slight_smile:

You have not installed OpenCV. See the installation instructions at http://ardupilot.github.io/MAVProxy/html/getting_started/download_and_installation.html for a list of libraries that need to be installed.

Thanks for the response. I have done that but still getting the same error message. it’s always the same, it says there is no module named ‘map’ and ‘cv2’. Is there any more information I can give to make this easier for us to diagnose? I am using Ubuntu 18.04.04

It worked! I had to use pip to install it TWICE but it worked. thank you very much :smiley:

I tried every option but still getting the error.
ModuleCmd_Load.c(208):ERROR:105: Unable to locate a modulefile for 'map'
Please help .