F450 tipping over on takeoff

I’ve got the drone built, preflight done, the drone is responding to the throttle.

However, it won’t take off-it tips over to the right.

I’ve double checked that the motors are spinning in the proper directions (CCW-CW-CCW-CW) and that the propellers are of the proper orientation (1045R for CW, 1045 for CCW,) and recalibrated the ESCs.

What else should I be checking?

Make sure you have pitch and roll set in the right directions. You may need to reverse your roll setting.

Where do I find those settings?

First verify that the pitch and roll are correct the mission planner hud. When plugged in the movement of the horizon is appropriate for the quad.

In my case I had to reversed the setting on my radio, not in ArduCopter. I don’t know what kind of radio you have but try reversing the channel there.

Before you lift off make some small control inputs on pitch and roll to make sure it goes the right way. You may need to add a touch of throttle to get it to move, but you don’t want it to fly until you know this is correct. If you have doubts set up a motor kill switch to stop everything right quick if it goes bad.

I once was struggling with a quad which had previously flown quite well, but one day would rise off the ground but then behave strangely, e.g. spinning about the Z axis. I eventually found the cause to be that, somehow, the frame type had been changed from “X” to “H” when upgrading the firmware. So double-check your frame type.

What flight controller are you using. I had the same problem with
a KakuteF7. I finally discovered the servo outputs didn’t match
Arducopter. FC output wire
M4 goes to Motor3,M3 to 2,M2 to 1 and M1 to 4.

This is a good point but he claims that everything is right in Motor Test (skeptical) which would account for that.

This is typical behavior when the Aileron channel in the radio needs to be reversed. I cannot count the number of times I have seen this.

I’m using a Pixhawk.

Which is the aileron channel?

Is your radio setup for AETR (Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Rudder)?