ESC calibration mode

I am just moving from APM 2.5 to PX4. Currently I am stuck at calibrating my ESCs (SimonK). Never had any trouble with the procedure on the APM.

Here is what I do, as shown in the Wiki:

1. TX on, full power set
  2. PX4 on, wait for melody to be completed
  3. PX4 off
  4. PX4 on, wait for melody to be completed
  5. Hold safety button until solid light
  6. Would expect the ESC to play calibration tones - but does not happen. It seems the ESCs dont get any signal at all here.

Any hints?

@hornetwl,
When did you purchase your PX4? If you have had it a while, you might want to update the IO board firmware.
I received mine in May of this year, but have not been working with it until recently. I had originally flashed the PX4 IO board with the firmware that was available then, but discovered that I had to update the IO board firmware to get the PX4 to work with my Spektrum PPM serial receiver.
Regards,
TCIII Developer

[quote=“TCIII”]@hornetwl,
When did you purchase your PX4? If you have had it a while, you might want to update the IO board firmware.
I received mine in May of this year, but have not been working with it until recently. I had originally flashed the PX4 IO board with the firmware that was available then, but discovered that I had to update the IO board firmware to get the PX4 to work with my Spektrum PPM serial receiver.
Regards,
TCIII Developer[/quote]

Sir i ave updated the PX4 board to the latest firmware and FMU+IO but i still cant get the ESC’s to go into calibration mode.
I try to use the CLI in the mission planner but it just doesnt show the available option after re-booting the PX4.
Would appreciate some help…

Sorry sir.Made a newbie mistake. My throttle channel was reversed…