ESC Calibration issues

Hello

I’m getting having some weird issues with the quad I just built. One of them being is that I can’t seem to get the ESC’s properly calibrated. I’ve followed instructions per the following, trying both the All at once and ESC-by-ESC methods. https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/esc-calibration.html

Following the All at once method, I get some unique beeps when I first put it into calibration mode. None of the beeps after correspond with what any instructions say to expect, and the motors won’t respond when completed. Appears that the process does not complete.

Once I disable pre-arm checks, I can get it to arm, and the motors will respond. The problem is one of the motors will randomly stop during both simulated stable and normal flight maneuvers. Once I reset the sticks, whichever motor randomly stopped will typically respond appropriately again. This is driving me crazy. Not sure if this issue is a symptom of ESCs not calibrating properly.

The radio has been calibrated and responds appropriately on APM Planner. Any thoughts on what I’m missing?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Here’s a video of what I’m experiencing:

Equipment:
pixhawk 2.4.8
APM Planner 2.0.25 (mac)
Hobbypower 30a ESCs
Powerday XXD A2212 1000KV Brushless Motors
Spektrum DX6 Tx - Spektrum AR620 Receiver w/PPM encoder

Hi @Sealwithabowtie.
Has the Semi Automatic ESC-by-ESC Calibration of that document been performed?
As a personal impression, Semi Automatic ESC-by-ESC has the highest success rate.

your esc have bheli firmware? coz during some test i found out that some esc without bheli firmware can give hard time for the calibration…

Yep tried that, didn’t seem to work.

Firmware for the ESC? not sure. Here’s what I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E95VG2I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

some escs now have the bheli firmware…ive done some test with my old tmotor esc and ive have the same behaviour in the video, set the esc with bheli esc and voilà…calibration done