Erratic RTL behavior

Hi Tridge,
My problem is that the plane, a Skywalker, does not RTL loiter properly. Since my post in 2.75, I uploaded 2.76 and get the same or worse behavior. I have loiter set for clockwise, yet the plane attempts to enter loiter in counter-clockwise manner. Further, it hunts between CC and CCW. A new anomaly has now appeared as well. At at certain point in loiter around home, the APM applies throttle and climbs about 10 feet. It then abruptly cuts the motor and loses about 10 feet! I have attached the tlog in hopes you can shed some light on this. The RTL loiter stuff occurs at about 75%. btw, graphing just accels, az seems to be way out of bed with the other accels :question:
Thanks
Steven

[quote=“Steven G”]Hi Tridge,
My problem is that the plane, a Skywalker, does not RTL loiter properly. Since my post in 2.75, I uploaded 2.76 and get the same or worse behavior. I have loiter set for clockwise, yet the plane attempts to enter loiter in counter-clockwise manner. Further, it hunts between CC and CCW. A new anomaly has now appeared as well. At at certain point in loiter around home, the APM applies throttle and climbs about 10 feet. It then abruptly cuts the motor and loses about 10 feet! I have attached the tlog in hopes you can shed some light on this. The RTL loiter stuff occurs at about 75%. btw, graphing just accels, az seems to be way out of bed with the other accels :question:
Thanks
Steven[/quote]

Sorry this is not any help, but I wanted you to know I have almost exactly same problem… I went from stable RTL, to very erractic. Hope someone can figure it out… I have been discussing with Tridge at diydrones.com/xn/detail/7058 … nt:1469545

Thanks. Sounds like a known software problem that will be fixed sooner or later. It can be hair raising as the plane can go through some pretty drastic maneuvers to get to the correct RTL position. I’m ready for it now.

I’m having the same issue by the sound of it.

Can I ask what you did to solve your issue? I’m thinking about using an earlier firmware version.

We have similar issues with the skywalkers, 1900,1660 amd home made one, we are waiting for a new release now