Elevator stabilization only works in reverse

Hi, I’m running arduplane 2.78b, but I have tried all the firmwares since the PX4 came out.
I’m using frame setup with aelerons/flaps and a tail with elevator and rudder.

When I test the stabilization by rotating the craft, the elevator only works inverted. I have the PX4 mounted
in the default orientation with the flat part of the FMU with the SD card visible, facing up.
I have also tried calibrating the board to work upside down the the PX4IO stack facing upwards.
No matter what, the elevator only stabilizes in reverse. I set the orientation to roll_180 when it’s upside down.
It will seemingly calibrate just fine. The artificial horizon shows proper orientation sensing when I move the craft around but nothing seems to work.

My manual inputs from my radio work properly in both PX4 orientations. When I pull down on my elevator stick, the elevator deflects upwards. But stabilization only deflects the elevator in the opposite direction.
I tilt the nose downward and the elevator deflects downward. It should be deflecting upwards. The same applies when I point the nose up, the elevator will deflect upwards.

Everything else seems to work fine but there’s no way I can fly like this. Anyone have any idea of whats going on? I followed all the calibration settings everyone else uses and in the documentation but nothing works.

Son of a biscuit. Guess what girls and boys? I missed the
"RC2_REV elevator reversal set to -1 for reversal "
options in the parameters. I guess I was frustrated too much for so long that I forgot that one tiny thing.
I changed the setting to -1 and now the elevator stabilization works in the proper direction. I didn’t have to do anything else.

So, I guess I can leave this post here considering others have had similar stabilization problems.
My problem is solved.

You need to set

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduco … RIENTATION

and

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduco … ASS_ORIENT

so both the Pixhawk is upside down and the compass is upside down.

[quote=“Craig3DR”]You need to set

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduco … RIENTATION

and

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduco … ASS_ORIENT

so both the Pixhawk is upside down and the compass is upside down.[/quote]

At first I was struggling with the orientation settings(so I thought). This went on for many months by the way.
Turned out, all I was missing was getting the elevator stabilization to reverse direction. I mentioned in my previous reply.

I thought it was the orientation originally since the artificial horizon display was drifting and giving me a bad compass health error. That really confused me for a while but it turns out the only problem was me needing to reverse my elevator control with the RC2_REV parameter being set to “-1”.

Its a shame my fat head didn’t see this from the start. Anyway, I’m good now. Thanks for looking at my problem Craig. Now I just have to get to producing some content for the community.