About 3 weeks ago, I had a rough landing because my copter started an apparent toilet-bowl while test flying in loiter in my back yard. The previous flight had been a compass_learn=3 compass calibration flight. The rough landing damaged my props.
Today was my first opportunity to fly again - with new props and Storm32 gimbal swapped to an Alexmos gimbal.
I made 3 flights today. The first two experienced EKF3/IMU problems as indicated in the mavlink messages and poor handling. The third was normal.
If anyone has a bit of time to spare, I’d really appreciate some help examining my BIN files to see if the source of the problem can be determined - so I don’t have to just be “lucky” to keep flying.
Flight #1 - I set COMPASS_LEARN=4 for in-flight compass calibration. The compass calibration made it to about 85% complete before handling started to deteriorate and I noticed error messages on my YAAPU mavlink message display.
Here’s the first bin file: Dropbox - 2022-02-10 14-53-55 - first.bin - Simplify your life
I then did a manual compass calibration on the ground.
Flight #2 - This was a very short flight with COMPASS_LEARN=0 since I calibrated the compass manually on the ground. This flight seemed better - but still experienced some EKF3/IMU error messages.
Here’s the second BIN file: Dropbox - 2022-02-10 15-00-01 - second.bin - Simplify your life
Flight #3 - I tried another flight - this time in LOITER - but keeping fairly close to the ground. (helpful having LIDAR) This flight experienced no EKF3/IMU problems that I could find. I also landed, and took off - so there were really two flights in this BIN file.
Here’s the third BIN file: Dropbox - 2022-02-10 15-11-43 - third.bin - Simplify your life
In case it’s helpful, here are text files with the mavlink messages from these 3 flights:
First Flight Mavlink Messages.txt (12.4 KB)
Second Flight Mavlink Messages.txt (14.2 KB)
Third Flight Mavlink Messages.txt (34.9 KB)
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!