Servers by jDrones

Dshot ,pixhawk and X8

Hi ,
Question !.
Just to know , on the pixhawk its possible to connect (max) 6 Dshot esc’s if i’m right. Howto build an X8 with 8 Dshot esc’s ?. Is it possible to use 4 AUX OUT channels and connect 2 esc’s per one AUX OUT Channel ?. What would happen if this setup is used ? would this work including setup and telemetry ? . … The old Walkera Scout-X4 used a similar setup when upgraded to X8 ( four double esc’s , four motor OUT channels) .

Good remark! I’m also wondering why large copters users (more than 6 motors) have to use a setting intended for small one users.

With arducopter 3.5, Dshot 150 was available for BLHeli-s users, then when BLHeli32 (with that damned telemetry option) went, arducopter 3.6 broke that…

We want to be be able to use BLHelixxx without telemetry and without that hardware limitation.

As far as I’m aware you can have dshot running on main 1-8 as well as aux 1-6, however you currently can only have telemetry on aux 1-6 as well as blheli32-passthrough on aux 1-6, but dshot does work on all channels just only feedback is available on aux 1-6. hope that clears it up

Wiki is confusing on that point. Thanks for the tip.

Your right , its confusing. Regarding my question … What would happen if 2 Dshot esc’s are connected to 1 Aux Out ?.. I can understand that there is no separate speed control on both esc’s , but what about telemetry ? do you “see” both esc’s ( BLHELI32_Passtrough) when connected to one AUX OUT ?.

It’s my understanding that if the outputs are thru the co-processor, as main outs 1-8 are on Pixhawk/Cube, Dshot will not work. On boards with no co-processor (many) it will.

At the moment, DShot is only supported on the FCU outputs, as @dkemxr highlights. There is work going on to add to the IOMCU outputs as well, but it needs further testing (https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12604).
Boards like the Matek F765, CUAV v5-Nano etc, which don’t have an IOMCU, tend to have more DShot capable outputs at the moment. Matek F765 has 10, Pixhawk4-Mini has 9, CUAV v5-Nano has 8. Some of the other single-processor boards probably have similar numbers.

well all be!!! so your saying that dshot is only on aux pins?

is the pixhawk cube mini carrier board support 8 dshot then???

I don’t have a mini carrier, but normal Cube carrier has 6. I expect it would be the same.
For large Octo’s canbus is a better choice: most of the DShot esc’s are optimised for high kv racing motors, not low kv heavy lifters.

Mini has eight, and I’d assume it is similar to the pixracer that has 6, couldn’t imagine them not all 8 of them being connected? didnt realize that dshot was only supported on aux always thought it was supported on main just without feedback! Can bus is definitely the future but there is a lack of them right now! I have played with a few to varying degrees of success. Word on the street is mrobotics is coming out with a 40amp can esc. I have some holybro 20 amp can esc i have been playing with. I guess you could always go to zubax and have pavel make you some with their awesome stuff!

Servers by jDrones