Drone keeps dropping down then lifts up

The drone will fly similar to Loiter mode when running a mission. You should test and tune in Stabilise and Alt Hold mode, and then Loiter. These would be my preferred modes.
Get everything working perfectly before starting with auto missions.

1 Like

Yes, I have looked at that. Thanks for the link because I couldn’t find it.
By the way, I’m having this problem now. Motor 1 (top right - CCW) keeps slowing down while the others are spinning fast. I can put the throttle at 30% and the others increases in speed while motor 1 starts to slow down.

I’ve also noticed that when I leave the throttle (let’s say at 30%) the three others will gradually start spinning faster by themselves while motor 1 decreases (I assume is to keep itself stable).

bin log file

Okay, what in the world would it says that I have 1-12 motors?

That is a good point. However, I just started to get more issues. One motor is slowing down while the other three are at a constant speed (similar speed for all three) when the throttle is at the center. I posted the bin log file in my previous reply.

Motors are working fine now after doing several testing/calibration.

Although, I did two separate tests outside. One with Alt Hold and the other in Stabalize. For some reason, the drone after I throttle up started to lose power and dropped to the ground even after I tried pushing the throttle near full it didn’t take off.

test 1

test 2

Sounds like a battery issue

I was thinking that. The battery voltage was around 10 at that time. I charged it to 12v and the drone did take off (it was still doing the up and down by itself).

Why think about it when you can simply graph it?

7.87V on a 3S battery.

I’m new to drones and mission planners, I just forgot about this. When I charged the battery it said that it was around 10v not that low (~7v). So, I guess that makes more sense.

10V is already depleted. Most would set Battery Failsafe action higher than that. Just a few posts up there was some good advice about minimum cell voltage for good battery health.

3 Likes

And that battery is most likely going to puff soon after being treated like that. Use it for testing, but not for flying missions.

You should really read what Allister posted here:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I will start to fully charge it and set the low voltage parameter higher to reduce risk of damaging the battery.

The battery might be already damaged. Do not leave it unattended during charging.
Monitor its temperature and look for any signs of physical changes (puffing, the battery feels soft).
If it puffes up or gets hot during charging, stop charging immediatly!
Do not use the battery anymore!
Do not throw it in the garbage bin!
Look how to properly dispose lipos in your country. There should be facilities where you can bring them to.
Some lipo chargers might not even charge the battery anymore, if the cell voltage is below a certain value.

1 Like

The battery charged fine. There weren’t any of the signs you described. Thanks for the tips.

How do you know that? What was the final charge voltage? How much capacity (mah) did it take to fully charge it? If it was down to 7.8V it would need the full rated capacity to re-charge assuming it’s not already damaged.

Well, when I began charging it the battery charger said the voltage was around 10v. It took less than an hour to charge to 12v. The battery is 2200 mAh. Even when I connected the drone with the battery to MP, the battery monitor displayed ~10v.

Sounds like you have a junk charger and /or your battery is shot. It doesn’t provide mah charged data? What does a voltmeter say the battery is at after charge?

Please use these lipo batteries with extreme caution. Even this little one you are working with has enough energy to set your house on fire.

Read some manuals as already mentioned a few posts above and buy decent Charger.

Regards Maarten

1 Like

The multimeter reads 11.94v

Ok, so what should a fully charged 3S battery be?
Hint-you were given this answer.

12.6v. I stopped the charge around 12.1v