Attendee count (max): 16
UTC1103 - Final GSoC update
- Peter Hall
- Rajat has a PR in for AirSim/cars which is awesome
- Several students continuing after GSoC period is officially ended
UTC1106 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12181
- Small sensor
- 8m range
- Still gives a reading when pointed at the sky
- Hacked it in to say no reading if above 6m
- Good paired with the Hereflow sensor
- In-built sensor on Hereflow isn’t great with current firmware in strong light
- Perhaps high/low performance switch needs toggling?
UTC1111 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12170
- Sensor bits for Rover
- AP::fence() returning an AC_Fence is a bit odd
UTC1112 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12170
Spiral up before transiting in RTL
Terrain following has long lookahead but if not enough space it will plow in
Doing this in RTL is a special case of a more general terrain-following feature
How do you know if you’re not going to make it over a hill?
- Based on TECS tuning
- Assumes you can achieve half your configured maximum climb rate
Single spiral at maximum climb (or something less than that)
- Then looks at the situation again
- Want this to work regardless of scripting running
- Logic to trigger it could potentially be a script
Something for tridge to spend a day on at some point
UTC1116 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12167
- Getting MP able to upload would be good
- Peter needs to go back through his code a bit
- Having some eyes on this code would be good
UTC1126 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12160
- Move EKF timing logging into EKF
UTC1128 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12158
- Should this be behind minimize-features?
- Space on fmuv2….
- MdB: they want it on the f405 like stuff ?
- MdB: don’t have one so I’ve never checked, but I know the user community who wants this impl is probably a lot of the f405 users
- Iomcu on fmuv2 uses up space
- Also detect-all-compasses-and-IMUs thing
- Fmuv2 in CI?
- Solid-looking PR
- Oops! None of the other telemetry backends are locking against updates to the data they’re reading
UTC1142 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12152
- Originally for PixHawk4 mini
- Allows any uart to be an RC in port
- Redundant RC in for any board with a spare UART
- Also allows rcin to be used as single-directional uart
- Rc input over serial on SITL
- Could notionally have been done on a Linux build
- davidbuzz: what happens if u have two transmitters on at the same time ?
- MdB: how do we manage the redundant side? IE wont this generally be decoded as 2 different frames/latency intresting?
- Redundancy - will lock onto one or the other
- When searching for protocol it inverts/uninverts and changes baud rates
- davidbuzz: sounds like a great solution, merge it. shame it can’t do buddybox just yet. also … is there doco for it ?
- New singleton pattern?
- Asking other vehicles for parameters is a little odd
- Also fixes an interesting bug with stop bits
- 2 bits in CR1 but not neighbouring
- So F7 issues are explained
- RCIN now running at kHz
- For Spectrum decoding to be reliable
- Allows support of some boards we previously couldn’t
- Go back to simple MIN and MAX?
UTC1154 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12081
UTC0000 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12175
- Vehicle safety as primary thing
- armed/disarmed with surfaces/disarmed no surfaces
- Alternate is a bad name
- Runtime change
- Flashing has technical merit that the vehicle hasn’t locked up
- Also can be seen from a distance a bit easier
- Always flashing
- Different rates indicate prearms
UTC0005 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12187
- Clean up compass probing
- Wants someone else to review it
- Orientation was stuffed up when same thing was done for IMUs
- Two orientations, only one was listed
- H version of gyro
- Jaaaky found this one
- Eliminate default rotations
- Mixing up boolean and rotations is bad
- Removes ifdef tree for compasses
- Manual work transfering stuff across from the Linux trees
- Firmware size dropped dramatically on some boards
- Number of arguments varies
- Brings Linux in-line with what we’ve done with hwdef under chibios
- A few bugs found - emid edge
- FF should be having a look sometime…
UTC0014 - question from Jaime
Does anyone know how to set the GPS parameters so that we can get the MAVLink GPS messages, but have Ardupilot ignore them for anything that has to do with position estimates?
I have set AHRS_GPS_USE 0, EK2_GPS_TYPE 3, GPS_TYPE 9 which should do that, but for some reason the EKF still takes initial position from the GPS and also fuses it somehow as I can see it moving around when it should not.
I am trying to get ardupilot to only fwd the GPS messages to the companion computer, and not use them. Ardupilot is getting its position from the vision_position_estimate message.
- Would need a patch to the EKF so with ekf type3 it doesn’t set home or origin
- Tridge may have already done that
UTC0018 - Plane update
- Tridge is happy with Plane ATM
- One bug found to do with landing on slopes
- 4.0 beta held up because of release notes pending
- Half-a-day, probably
- MdB has seen a mid-air disarm
- Onboard log ends
- Holding position for a long time and not descending?
UTC0023 - Randy and Copter
- 3.6.11 still coming
- Uninitialised CAN bits fix PR’d
- 4.0 still coming
UTC0025 - Randy and Rover
- Still blocked on stay-out zones
UTC0026 - safety switches on CAN
- What should you do when you have two?
- Don’t use this one ever
- Randy says only ask when people complain
- CAN can do safety buttons properly?
- MdB: the safety case is one of the buttons may very well be in a high risk location/prone to false positives which motivates wanting to
- Need to disable the base one
- Where does the code go?
- Not enough to make a separate library
- Probably in CAN for now
- IOMCU, HAL for pin, CAN for remote safety button
- Button in MP for toggling safety switch is present in ctrl-f, apparently….
- IOMC should contain safety switch state
- AP_SafetySwitch could be a good idea still
- MdB: also gives you a logical place to direct mavlink
UTC0041 - close