Attendee count (max): 21
UTC2259 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14691
- Gaps of 3 and gaps of 5
- Share scheduling order between vehicle and base class
- Move stuff up into AP_Vehicle
- Tying battery and compass scheduling together….
- Andy is seeing innovations
- When we add something into the table things might get shifted
- Fast-loop shenanigans
- We could use 0 for priority
- Could use a magic number
UTC2327 - AP_TECS: Height Demand model limiting based on command saturation. by rbeall · Pull Request #19262 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
Demand model limiting based on command saturation
If you ask for more the na the aircraft can achieve the model can peel away from reality
- Big descent can lead to deviation
- If you re-command during this your throttle can remain off for a long time
This constrains things so the model doesn’t deviate from reality too much
Need an approval from Paul
“Don’t allow height demand to get too far ahead of the vehicles current height”
UTC2332 - AP_Compass: move param to table per instance by IamPete1 · Pull Request #19123 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Table-per-instance in AP_Compass
- GCS authors seem to be generally OK with it
- More churning on compass parameters
- Pain for our GCS authors and potentially users
- Rangefinder was a real pain when we did the same thing
- Can we merge this without GPS support?
- Need to worry about QGC just giving up if it doesn’t find some parameters
- Need to make sure MP works before we merge this
- A few commercial users using UGCS now-adays?
- Tridge is a bit skeptical about this due to disruption
- Having a Vagrant VM for MissionPlanner development would be nice
- Would be nice to get more MissionPlanner developers
UTC2347 - Plane: quadplane: limit pitch for all transitions into position control modes by IamPete1 · Pull Request #19136 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Limit pitch for all transitions
- Now parameterised
- All modes get q_lotier pitch up limit and qpos1 pitch down limit
- Weathervaning when you miss the point is bad
- Quadplanes flying backwards is bad….
- Need to avoid it
- Prefer harder pull-up in qloiter
- The new structure is making this much nicer as a set of changes!
- Pitch oscillation after aggressive stops is a thing on aircraft which are not well-tuned
UTC2358 - fix flare rc switch action with flight option bit 10 active by Hwurzburg · Pull Request #19180 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Flare rc switch when using flight-option-=bit 10 problematic
- Can test flare switch on ground……
- Need to do some factoring
UTC0005 - AP_RangeFinder_LightWareSerial: handle LightWare lost signal flag output by wynn4 · Pull Request #19191 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Handle lightware lost signal flag output
- Might get a few readings in iteration
- 2 real then one lost
- Averaging means you get the wrong result!
- Our comms with Lightware are restored thanks to Rishabh
- Not all LightWares are the same in turns of their out-of-range values
- Should be max-distance +1m
- We have some issues around max-dsitance supported for Lightware - we state 100m limit but probably measure more
- Shiv did some patches here: https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/18602#issuecomment-946614494 https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/18602
- Just ignores exactly-150m and exactly-130m readings
- User-settable out-of-range values?!
- mturnbull: But if you have the 250 capable lidar, the max altitude would be 230(ish), so detecting an error above the max would still work ?
- [11:12 AM] mturnbull: Also, from experience, those are not the only values it can return. SF11/C’s can output 150 as well, or 231.something in addition to just 130
- Benewake SNR ratio
- Threshold snr parameter?
- Maybe we can use lightware equivalent when using binary protocol?
- Reporting is an interesting problem with different snr values
UTC0016 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/19221
- Extracts code into data structures in RC Protocols
- Change to boolean then can be merged
UTC0022 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/19227
- Autotest for Devo
- Discovered that it was utterly broken
- Peter to merge when he’s happy with it
UTC0025 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/19230
- Really want to use a bitmask here instead
- Too much data on the stack
UTC0030 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/19237
- Throttle and pitch curves for manual modes
UTC0038 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/19239
- Logs scripts
- Log script statistics
- Are long descriptions OK in the MissionPlanner interface?
- Documentation needs som help…
- Scripting to shove files into log….
- Crash debugging stuff is great!
UTC0039 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/19246
- Bugfix for fft
- A few fixes to make
UTC0056 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/19263
- PITA battery conversion code
- Led to some really weird and annoying bugs
UTC0058 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/19267
- Mkdir failure fixes
- Plane 4.1
- ChibiOS change
- Master is different patch
- 4.1 is simple patch
UTC0103 - Plane update
UTC0104 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/16478
- Copter update
- Terrain following bug is a bit of an issue
- Glitching lidars
- PR needs testing
- Henry’s filtering from a long time ago?
- This is a bugfix rather than anything else
- Will rebase on the Plane 4.1
- 8 weeks until next scheduled new-stable beta
- Long-term stable release?
- Partners would like something like this
- Some releases not same as others
- Long-short release cycles?
- Need to look at some of Rishabh’s PRs
- 3d loiter avoidance
- Slide code in 3-dimensions rather than just our current 2
- Precision landing EKF fixes
- Land uses different controller in this PR
- A* object avoidance
- Leonard is planning on 4.2
- Position controller clean-up could be another couple of releases until it’s up to the stability of the attitude controller
UTC0106 - Tradheli update
- Governor is coming
- Autotune is coming
UTC0112 - Rover update
UTC0112 - Support position
- Partner program developing rapidly
- Funded position via foundation
- Please approach Randy or Tridge if you’re interested
- DevTeam Member logo!
- Please show your pride and put this on your social media profiles!