Attendee count (max): 20
UTC2300 - UAVCAN discussions
- Discussions, discussions everywhere
- DSO015 dead?
- Private forum for formulating the next standard?!
- PX4 teams wants to move forward
- DSO-015 was a group effort (not including ArduPilot) that was to become the message set within uavcan v1
- The only regulated message set
- Message set was judged not fit for purpose by ArduPilot
- Tooling around v1 encourages this sort of protocol
- Manual analysis is time-consuming and difficult
- CANDevices repo in ArduPilot organisation?
- Sane message set
- Tridge thinks this is still a good idea but is currently still trying not to fork any sort of standard and work within v1
- We really want a standard that can work for our partners
- Things that will work across platforms
- But DSO015 was not fit for purpose and the proposed process may not create anything better
- Again, closed forum for generating a new standard sounds like a bad idea to tridge
- Topic has been closed off?!
- Is ArduPilot being “managed” rather than the actual problems being addressed?
- Thanks to James for keeping his eye on this and nudging tridge to look at this
UTC2311 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17403
- Documenting ice start channel
UTC2311 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17384
- Function names for tradheli and tricopter
- Naming, naming naming….
- Henry wants tail servos documented
- Tail servo b?!
- Bill will add some corrections
- Documentation for Heli specifically
- Will need a MissionPlanner change to pull in different metadata for Heli vs Copter
- Name alignment could be problematic for non-tradheli helicopter types
UTC2326 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/17382
- We don’t ignore fences for Rover
- Barometric drift causing a fence breach?
- Put a #ifdef in?
- Rover in a mountainous area and driving off cliff?!
- We’ll force the parameter value
UTC2335 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17303
- Fence indicator in OSDs
UTC2336 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14705
- High pwm/low pwm for armed or not armed
- Is armed state special enough to warrant this?
- This will drag SRC_Channels into everything
- Should this be done in update_aux_servo_function?
- Should this be a LUA script?
- Prearm checks for when script dies
- Notes left
UTC2346 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14705
- There’s a later branch which extends these takeoff changes
- Takeoff waypoint designates yaw for takeoff
- During takeoff the trajectory is line segment between start place and takeoff waypoint
- Measuring at start of roll is problematic
- This has been well-tested
- Need to work on getting it in
- There’s the other narrow-runway takeoff PR
UTC2352 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16925
- Stop using constants, derive from mavlink typemasks
UTC2353 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17345
- Cleanup of position controller for consistency
- Fixes lots of little annoyances
- Little bugs have been mitigated
- All vehicles are in a consistent usage of position controller
- Initialisations cover use cases
- Dynamic SCurve input shaping algorithms for alt_hold etc
- Things just weren’t initialised correctly
- Leonard really wants this in for 4.1
- Precision landing test isn’t taking into account the roll/pitch of the aircraft
- Touches a lot of vehicles!
- More consistent across vehicles now
- Twitch hunting needs to be done
- This is a signficiant change and something we’d like to keep around for the next 5 to 10 years
- Quadplane, collision avoidance etc affected
UTC0008 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17356
- Double-precision EKFs
- Not to be merged yet
- Justification for considering this?
- There are projects that do require this
- Not going in for 4.1
- Some sensors coming in that are an order of magnitude better accuracy so need better data carrying in ArduPilot
- Flown on F765 OK
- Divergence so not quite ready yet
- This will be an option
- Stack limits go up
- Had to rearrange memory on F7
UTC0012 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17364
- Just a query about the range
UTC0016 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/17378
- Issue to track progress on getting this into the ArduPilot code
- Feel free to chat with tridge if you’d like to help with the integration and testing of htis code
UTC0016 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/17383
- Spamming messages to console
- Disarmed on ground forced reset
- If variances are getting out of whack
- Revisit the bandaid to see if we can avoid the reset?
- Maybe bandaid is worse than the disease?
UTC0021 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17386
- Can be merged once commit message has been fixed
UTC0023 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17387
UTC0024 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17389/files
- More flash space for such a niche check
- Will close
UTC0026 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17399
- Follow-on patch for previously discussed position controller patch
UTC0027 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17404
- VTX power documentation
UTC0029 - Plane update
- Landing stuff for quadplane to be addressed
- Paul’s here to discuss stuff now
- Heading PR for 4.1?
- There’s a bugfix in takeoff PR for groundsteering integrator zeroing
- Integrator fighting pilot also fixed
- But we have pilot-vs-integrator all over the place in Plane
- Pitch-angle-tunable is a new feature, other things are modifications of existing behaviour
- We’ve had another PR which added the lat/long stuff
- We don’t want to duplicate effort
- Paul thinks 15536 should go in
- Centidegrees need to not go in, ‘though
UTC0035 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/17314
- Timeout for GPS yaw not working
- External baro plotted in Silicone not a good idea
- Pressure changed in baro as the thing heated up
- Vertical speed
- Interpreted Vertical acceleration
- CAN Baros
- Remember the proliferation of compasses?
- That’s happening with baros now
- Piles of baros
- Often crap data
- Baros in GPSs for example
- Tridge was having trouble with one of these
- Paul’s seen the same thing
- MAVProxy can tell you which baro it is actually using
- Baro_primary can be used for fixing things
- Most of the time the flight controller’s baro will be better than these external ones…
- Need to work out a plan
- Same for baro as for compass?
- Or do we default the ordering to anything other than CAN first?
- Paul’s always seen CAN baros as worse
- May break existing setups
- Need to make change before 4.1
- Multicopters with baros above the rotor disk
- Current landings are kind of bad
- Different defaults for different vehicles?
UTC0047 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/16478
- Copter update
- No beta2 just yet
- D-shot in master is the big query
- Something wrong with CRSF on Kakute
- Probably fixed in master?
- Out-of-date parameter files?
- “Bad GPS position” appears if you’re only using optical flow in SITL
- Faster filters aren’t necessarily better
- Particularly alt_hold oscillation
- Parameter defaults don’t match
- We need to explain reasoning on the Copter tuning instructions
- Explain the why not just the what
- Tridge did this on Plane
- Leonard: “But generally Plane users aren’t as intelligent as Copter users”
- Yaw imbalance thing
UTC0055 - Rover update
- Parameter values not saved for F9?
- Set the save-parameters thing, turn the setting of parameters off and the EKF whinges about configuration needing to be done
- uBlox auto-config is very, very complex now
- Four different config APIs
- GPS-for-yaw was incorrect - missing a parameter setting
- Pre-arm-internal-errors for main loop stuck
- Copter and Rover beta2 tomorrow, hopefully
UTC0103 - Copter 4.0.4-rc2 used very little trust and went up to 3m height instead of the desired 10m height
- Probably not a DevCall thing at this point
UTC0106 - GSoC update
- Final look at applicants
- Two more days before we need to finalise
- Decisions coming soon
- We’re happy in that we got the number of slots that we requested
UTC0109 - close