Attendee count (max): 22
UTC2300 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/16834
- Perhaps a low-level something in AP_Logger
- Probably only Copter-4.0.7
- Just cubeBlack reported so far
- Tridge and Peter will look at this over the next week or so
UTC2307 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16719
- Change DO_CHANGE_SPEED to only affect auto and guided
- Had to change autotest
- Trim speed in cruise now
- EKF and other tests updated
UTC2309 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/pymavlink/pull/512
- Need to add a message past 65535 and test that it works well
- Tridge is happy with the change
- Can be merged if it doesn’t change the header generation
UTC2313 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/MAVProxy/pull/876
- MacOSX fix for mavflightview
UTC2315 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/MAVProxy/pull/873
- MacOSX fix for paramedit
- Doesn’t pass on Python2
UTC2319 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/MAVProxy/pull/871
- More MacOSX fixes
UTC2321 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/MAVProxy/pull/870
UTC2323 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/MAVProxy/pull/858
- Behavioural change
- No DISPLAY variable on Linux then still bomb out
UTC2328 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16900
- Zero memory to avoid Valgrind issue when comparing two Mision_Command using memcp
- Randy will get rid of some assignments
UTC2334 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16890
Stop spinning the prop when moving to QHOVER when disarmed
Pete has an alternate fix
Merged Peter’s, Pete to look at his PR more
UTC2341 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16888
- Change label of “GPS Type” to something more readable
UTC2343 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16887
- Remove channel parameters
- Tridge uses intermittent for taildragger and reset
- MdB’s override thing has been left in place
- Parameter conversion is a thing
- Flap, soar enable and fence all done
- Some savings to be made byte-wise
- Mount has a bunch of equivalents
UTC2352 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16875
- More than 6 modes
- Want to have mode-switch-layout-schemas
- Want to hide the extra flightmode parameters if we can
- Stavros wants more than 6 channels
- Quadplanes want more than 6
- Modern OpenTX transmitters have 2 3-pos switches that can be used for mode
- Two separate channels?
- Lots of channels on modern transmitters
- Like a “bank select”?
- Mixer on transmitter is major barrier to entry for ArduPilot?
- Transmitter setup is too fragile
- Three groups of three flight modes for example
- 6-deep-each banks?
- Default has to be our existing scheme
- The FLTMODE parameters should be common between vehicles
- A new AP_FlightMode library?
- Use MODE_xyzzy
- Fix the documentation issue so we don’t duplicate everything
- AP_FlightMode would contain logic for selecting modes
- Won’t merge this or close it
UTC0022 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16869
- New FlyWoo board
- We should get rid of the “build list” and have an “exclude list”?
- Maybe an AUTOBUILD= in the hwdef?
UTC0027 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16868
- Moving to ChibiOS 20.3?
- 4.1 to go to newer ChibiOS release?
- New processor - G4
- 20.3 is latest stable release
- Quadspi support - external flash
- 4 or 8MB of external flash…
- Several flight controllers coming out with this
- Betaflight are already using it
- 1 sector of built-in flash and then external flash
- Three can buses
- CAN Bus ordering
- Need to scrounge up some bytes in the bootloader
- Need to change some RC stuff to compile
- Sooner the better, sounds like we’ll be shifting for 4.1
UTC0033 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16634
- There are apparently trig functions on some of our CPUs….
- Inits target attitude with actual attitude
- Fixes some quadplane issues
- Can be merged once the const-reference thing is done.
UTC0038 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16167
- Smart battery handling
- Make it 2MB boards only?
- Adds 2kB of flash (thanks to Pierre for adding the flash-cost thing to CI!)
- Get data as we need it rather than at init?
- Tridge left a review
- Mavlink message needs num_cells
- Should be able to reflect all the data common in the smbus standard
UTC0053 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16823
- Flight option to climb then turn for RTL
UTC0058 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16864
- Vehicle was turning North because GCS was doing domount-control commands
- No mount so vehicle yawed…
UTC0107 - fix temperature reporting
UTC0109 - Plane update
- 4.0.9 has been pretty good
- One nasty log from Marco
- Things rae pretty good in Plane
- AC_PID will be next big thing to go in
- Will need a working autotune for it….
UTC0110 - Copter update
- A Copter 4.0.8 release?
- There are some good patches marked for backport
- Can just wait for 4.1 based on current patchset
- Some PRs still need reviewing
- SCurve PR is in really good shape now!
- Lots of internal checks
- Most issues were picked up by internal checks
- Need to fix the vertical bendy ruler avoidance
- Horizontal vehicle travels very slowly (1.5m/s rather than target speed)
UTC0113 - Rover update
- SCurve for rover will be post-4.1
UTC0114 - GSoC update
- ArduPilot was selected again
- We will be getting slots assigned to us
- Students are preparing their submissions
- Need to update our list of projects
- The 1 month thing is a real problem
- E.g. The waf thing is not doable with waf unless the student knows waf….
- Users will really have had to created a PR before being accepted?
- What’s the reporting now?
UTC0119 - Conference update
- 1st draft of schedule for conference next week
- Maybe a blimp talk?
UTC0120 - close