Issues & Pull Requests
Contribution of the Month
- ROS + ArduPilot for non GPS Navigation
Attendee count (max): 24
UTC2300 - pre-meeting
- Failed builds on travis
- Tagging may not reach everyone
- This will ensure proper distribution
- FF: I’m in favour, not sure just GCS is correct when we talk about OSDs all the time
- MdB is in favour
- Considered creating a “gcs-team” tag in GitHub to do it
- Not discoverable, and not actionable by individuals who want to be on “the list”
- List created!
UTC2309 - run parameter generation on travis
UTC2310 - remove sysid software type parmaeter
- Legacy parameter
- Meant to tell what vehicle was connected
- But we have a proper message now-adays
- No GCS MdB has seen uses it
- Tagged this just-in-case some GCS uses it
- Not used for formatting storage
- We don’t use a mav_type in dataflash logs
- Amilcar’s concerns?
- We think he meant noting what the old values were
- Rebased and merged!
UTC2310 - clean-up stuff
UTC2326 - only send healthy airspeed reports
UTC2327 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/8522
- Most changes in autotest
- No notes from night-ghost on how this will affect MinimOSD
- Copter’s behaviour is changing
- No GCS seems to use it
- Global_position_int.relative_alt for those that need it!
- Don uses gps alt
- ALTITUDE message is odd
- In particular altitude_monotonic
- We could add support for it
- “Not a terribly sane one” - MdB
UTC2338 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/8531
- Add redundancy; muting outputs
- Tom thinks it should be able to go straight in?!
- Tom’s in Finland
- Memcpy looks suspect
- Not thread-safe
- Memory allocation failures not handled
- And memory allocations in general?!
- Exceptions are off
- size() method on a vector returns current size
- Is this a good feature?
- Doesn’t work too well with uavcan nature of dynamically-allocated node IDs
- We don’t support them ATM, but we should
- Need to think about how to have redundancy that is really safe
- Something that works when flying
- Should really be redundant
- This isn’t true redundancy in that the sensor data is coming from where?
- There’s a timeout of 200ms
- Philip’s working on a manual switchover
- This is an interesting feature
- Needs a different name
- Redundancy implies more capabilities than this really has
- More of a fallback
- This could save you in some situations
UTC2338 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/8518
- FF found a behavioural change
- Very last commit addresses the problem
- Removes manual polling of flap input channel
- Should just ask the HAL what the values are
- Legacy API changeover issue
- Pushed in!
UTC2350 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/8508
- MAVLink over CAN virtual serial port
- Still have questions over it losing a lot of packets
- Only tridge has looked at it
- Initialisation functions might starve GCS of input
- Do we put baud rates in now?
- We’d be sending the baud rate an awful lot (4 bytes/frame)
- May want other things as well
- Parity, stop bits, inverted
- UART config packet instead?
- An ack or get_settings also required
- Don’t have them on the mavlink equivalent
- Needs a port number so you can have multiple remote ports
- One port per port
- One uart port per CAN port
- Parameter that gives number of CAN ports?
- Need to be able to set the protocol on the serial port
- There’s a discussion on adding a channel id
- 16 remote uarts!
- We can move to pure-CAN removing the utility of these serial ports
- Main problem we have ATM is the serial_manager initialisations
- Close, but not there yet
UTC0006 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/8354
- TECS input update
- Tested in SITL?
- Needs a lot more careful testing
- Tridge has added a note to the PR
UTC0007 - storm32 mounts
- 102 messages!
- Adds new protocol
- FF has reviewed, corrections have been made, FF to re-review
- Bunch of commented-out-code
- Extra backends can be added with a lower quality threshold
- Millis64 and substracting?
- Why isn’t he using RC_Channels?
- Multiple inheritance?
- Is_failsafe seems to be dead code
UTC0016 - we got a lot of things in today!
UTC0017 - contribution of the month hasn’t been done for some time!
- Tom’s disqualified as he’s part of the dev team
- Sh83 and mirkix have been doing great stuff on the ChibiOS port
- Mirko is part of the dev team
- Tridge nominates sh83
- More nominations from mailing list, hopefully
UTC0022 - GSoC update
- His guy had to drop out
- Will get money to Ayush today
- Ebin is doing balance bot
- Lots of problems shipping him hardware
- Indian customs problems
- “Customs duty” - mixup between rupees vs yen?
- Damaged but easily repaired
- Good meeting mid-week with Randy and Peter which sorted a lot of stuff
- What’s the purpose?
- Great for robotics experiments
- Remote cameras
- Need to make it easy to replace the balancing controller if we can
- So people can sub-in their own
- Jani would like to do a big balance bot
- motor-cycle -style balancing isn’t in-scope for this
- But could be done as another frame for Rover
UTC0029 - Randy and ROS
- With Rover 3.4 we’ve improved ROS support a lot
- Paul’s external position estimates, timing fixes
- Set-position-typemask more lenient
- Nvidia guy has had good results
- Need ROS on Aion robot too
- Whereas the vision-position-delta stuff is EKF3-only
- Rave reviews
- Little racing car going around a track
- Confusion between inputs and outputs
- It’s all on the Wiki
- QGC method on calibration would probably help
- Asks you to move your roll stick to the right
- Then works out reversals that way
- Doesn’t help with servo reversals…
- Randy will raise issue
- RM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/quevtnt9itg4qnc/rover-heading-towards-line2.png?dl=0
- If you go fast then you take wider corners
- But Rovers can slow down (Plane’s have trouble with this…)
- WP_OVERSHOOT parameter to make a lane between origin and destination
- Take maximum lateral acceleration and determine if you will stay within lane
- Will slow vehicle down
- Set waypoint speed as large as you want
- As it approaches waypoint it will slow down
- Maybe right down
- L1 controller is still used
- This new feature doesn’t really communicate with the L1 controller
- The throttle control knows the maximum lateral acceleration and can work with that
- L1 controller works well with biases
- E.g. Wind
- E.g. Steering badness
- Yaw vs ground-course
- Need to make sure that doesn’t get screwed up
- L1 doesn’t actually take wind as an input
- Yet still perfectly accounts for it, which is kind of cool
UTC0041 - Randy and Copter
- Still planning on putting out RC2 quite soon
- Almost ready to go
- Rebased on master
UTC0042 - Plane update
- Tridge has been deep in ChibiOS
- Bit of log analysis
UTC0029 - ChibiOS update
- Many F7 changes!
- F765 support is good
- Need to solve the semaphore
- F777 Orange - VPN problem
- Mirkix is getting hardware
- F7 Python database is set up
- Nice architecture for memory and cache
- Ridiculous amounts of memory!
- PixHawk4 booted and worked first time
- F7 support is looking really good