Attendee count (max): 18
UTC1102 - Update VSCode editor instructions and references by TunaLobster · Pull Request #4398 · ArduPilot/ardupilot_wiki · GitHub
- Vscode editor instructions and references
- Want these to be better than eclipse…
- Randy tried it and didn’t have much luck
- Randy will try it again
- But thinks this can be merged now
- Sid’s made an extension for it but hasn’t done work on it for a while
- You can set up a button to do compilation
- Integration with wsl
- Vscode is native
- Ssl link into wsl…
- Would be nice to be able to get cygwin run it in the Windows environment
- TP thinks we should drop Cygwin ASAP
- Windows 10+ does gui integration too
- [video demonstration of it all working on PH’s desktop]
- Tom’s got hacks in a PR to allow uploading to stm32 boards from wsl2
UTC1113 - Common: add OpenDroneID messages and enums by hendjoshsr71 · Pull Request #278 · ArduPilot/mavlink · GitHub
- OpenDronID mavlink packets
- Merging so we can understand the messages in GCS and whatnot
- Josh will do PRs to fix yaw vs heading
UTC1116 - AP_GPS: add option to send RTCM corrections over MAVLink by IamPete1 · Pull Request #20569 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- RTCM corrections
- Needs to allow on Periph
- This uses a lot of bandwidth
- We get high rates because of gps-for-yaw
- This may not work generally…
- Out-of-space will make corrupted packets
- Specify a port to send on?
- Boolean response for success?
- Use existing queue system?
- Difficult given the data storage constraints
- This would be a device on the ground sending RTCM data to the aircraft
- Different protocol for post-processing?
- Still useful for flying precisely rather than accurately
- LUA script?
- It could do the survey-in
- Decimation too
- Range concerns
- Minimum bindings…
- MissionPlanner does something similar, but uses far less bandwidth
UTC1138 - AP_TECS.cpp: remove line copy error by rbeall · Pull Request #20792 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- If new behaviour is correct then we can adjust the test
- Can get the logs for the failed test from CI
- Peter will help with the autotest failures
UTC1142 - AP_Param: add `@SYS/defaults.parm` and log default values by IamPete1 · Pull Request #20972 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
UTC1159 - AP_BattMonitor: Add FuelLevel_Analog support by TunaLobster · Pull Request #21008 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Fuel-level-analogue battery backend
- Sensor already has filtering so lpf not required
- Filter frequency off by a factor of 1000?
- Want a pragma
UTC0004 - AP_Generator: add AP_GENERATOR_RICHENPOWER_ENABLED by peterbarker · Pull Request #21016 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Richenpower generator disable by default
- Stop using it for Richenpower, add it to the boards.py
- But keep the infrastructure
UTC0020 - Fix clang++ warnings on array initialisations by peterbarker · Pull Request #21018 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Fix Clang compiler warnings
UTC0022 - AP_RangeFinder: reduce verbiage when detecting serial rangefinders by peterbarker · Pull Request #21019 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Clean up serial RangeFinder detection
- Can be merged after being tested on hardware
UTC0025 - AP_Mount: add earth-frame/body-frame angle and rate support to all backends by rmackay9 · Pull Request #21025 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Gimbal cleanup
- Make earth-frame/body frame angle and rate control
- Servo gimbals will be able to do earth and body frame rates
- Say you’re rc-targetting then you rotate the Copter… what happens?
- Mount-lock switch low means body-frame (i.e. gimbal will move with vehicle)
- Up means it will lock on target
- NaNs are in the spec. They’re difficult
- uint32_t() rather than (uint32_t)
- How many people are actually using AlexMOS or STorm32 gimbals?
- Should we drop support for these gimbals?
- Is anybody using these?
- Randy couldn’t buy one
- … and the funding committee was reluctant
- Can be merged when the little thing is fixed up
UTC0041 - GCS_Mavlink: added MSG_POSITION_TARGET_LOCAL_NED field by shubham-shahh · Pull Request #21033 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Don’t need to stream this by default
- If this is only sent in guided mode then we can probably merge it in….
UTC0043 - Concurrent pre- and post- filter FFT logging by andyp1per · Pull Request #21038 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Pre and post filter fft logging
- Uses instance field for pre/post filtered things
- Should probably remove bitfields
- Reserve first 2 bits for IMU number
- Then filter state in 2 bits
- Want to structure things a bit better in the bits
- Nice feature!
UTC0054 - Plane update
- 4.2.2 is out
- No immediate plans for 4.2.3
- Pixhawk6 boards from CUAV and Holybro are coming out
- Significantly different boards with the same ID
UTC0055 - Copter update
- 4.2.2 is out!
- Land-mode rangefinder climb issue with terrain follow
- Two instances in short order
- Fix will come out in 4.2.3
- CAM messages not working?
- Could be servo function thing?
- Constant lidar reading problem in Plane was already fixed
- Copter thing was different; misconfigured
- Plane waits for change in Lidar value
UTC0101 - GSoC update
- Thanks to CubePilot for providing autopilots
- Thanks to funding committee for getting other HW organised
- PH is now in contact with his student
- Randy’s students going well
UTC0102 - Foxeer Reaper F745 v2 by andyp1per · Pull Request #21037 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Foxeer Reaper F725v2 support
- All documented with pictures!
- Inbuilt ESCs, defaulting to D-Shot on
UTC0102 - hwdef: remove unused NO_DATAFLASH hwdef directive by peterbarker · Pull Request #21046 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Remove unused defines
UTC0104 - Fix constructors declaration template parameters by FrancoisCarouge · Pull Request #21047 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Remove template parameter from constructors
UTC0106 - Add LTM telemetry build option by peterbarker · Pull Request #21049 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Can be merged on CI pass
UTC0107 - Create and start to use minimize_features.inc by peterbarker · Pull Request #21050 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Chibios_hwdef.py could turn on OSD_ENABLED by default if there’s an SPI OSD device
- General agreement this is a reasonable approach
UTC0114 - AP_Compass: create structures for probing compasses by peterbarker · Pull Request #21052 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Tidy compass probing
- Will come back to this one
UTC0119 - AP_BoardConfig: remove reference to CONFIG_ARCH_BOARD_* by peterbarker · Pull Request #21056 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Remove old CONFIG_ARCH_BOARD
UTC0021 - close