Attendee count (max): 23
UTC2303 - GSoC with Matt kear
Get entry and glide working
Work on additional phases afterwards
Headspeed controller has been developed for entry and guide
- PD controller with feed-forward / follow-up-trim
- P-term gives direction feed-forward needs to move towards
- Works somewhat like an i-term
- Works well for the filters
- In steady-state-glide frequency is decreased to provide smoother flight
Has been using one nav speed/height controller for forward airspeed
Getting ready to test on real airframe
- Need a reliable bail-out of the autorotation
- Pitching up aggressively on bail-out because of switching back to previous mode
- Setting altitude and then aggressively trying to attain it
- Working on code to ease into replacement mode
- Maintaining airspeed through the rotors
- Currently using a simple timer
- Measuring rotor RPM at the moment which will help determining a bail-out time
- Seems to be some time constant involved in motor RPM
- Are we ramping the motor?
- Bill has written code to avoid this
[9:11 AM] To Weekly devcall: Most critical thing for testing on real hardware: make sure you get video!
[9:13 AM] (Channel) MdB: Things go most wrong when logs or video aren’t present. Enforcing both reduces aircraft crashes. Proven fact
UTC2313 - Peter Hall and sailing
- KF PR is in
- Working on a mapping mode
- “Active” mapping mode concept
- Deals with failures
- Off the line
- Missing the waypoint
- Reaches a fence and realises it can’t go past the fence so gives up
UTC2322 - Rajat AirSim PRs are in
UTC2322 - MAVPproxy stuff
- Hopefully catching up with Akshath in next couple of days
- Something in place to catch the GTK issues
UTC2323 - move rc channel option to reset mission
UTC2324 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11776
- Serialmanager cleanups
- Why not make fmuv3 -O3?
- Scripting means we’re over 1MB now
UTC2330 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11775
- Play tune on no-SD
- We can boot without microsd on ChibiOS
- Should we play a tune in this case?
- File stuff from the boot thread?
UTC2332 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11773
- Mtime not updated on write
- 1st January 1980
- UNUSED_RESULT thing
- Clock update and state update only on ChibiOS build?
UTC2335 - move polyfence code?
- We should try to share the read/write of the messages
- Would be nice to get OSD-style scrolling of statustext messages in MiussionPlanner HUD
- Dealing with old fence type
- Working from EKF origin
- Plane is fancy when it comes to fences
- Major source of embarrassment if you fail to disable the lower fence when demonstrating a landing
UTC2345 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11761
UTC2353 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11755
- Can be merged when it passes CI
UTC2357 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11754
- Probably already merged
- Can be merged otherwise
UTC2357 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11681
- Move in right direction
- Randy will have a look at it
UTC0000 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11220
- Behaviour change
- Bad rebase comment present
- Should be two PRs, a separate one for the behaviour change
- Peter and ntridge to help get this one in
UTC0008 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/10941
- Has somebody tested this using SITL NMEA GPS?
- Marked as NeedTesting
UTC0009 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/10151
UTC0010 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11804
AP declination update / magnetic tables
Difficult to make package work said somebody
Python package isn’t getting updated?
Online server may be closer to truth?
Continue with existing setup
Compass calibration didn’t converge in very low magnetic field environment
Compass calibration with no GPS?
- Drop back to old methods
- Most people will have a fix?
- Doing stuff indoors?!
UTC0017 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/11732
- Which firmwares are coming up?
- Missing Rover 3.4.2
- Missing Copter-3.5
- Directory name incorrect?
- Manual work done by tridge
- Will rebuild the Copter 3.5 stuff
- Rover 3.4.2 Pixhawk1 build?
- Randy and tridge will work through the issues
UTC0031 - Copter update
- 3.6.10rc1 reports say motor test doesn’t work on Pixracer
- Safety switch handling?
- PK will test
- Pixhawk mini not working with SBus?
- Randy doesn’t have a pixhawk4 mini
- Says it also doesn’t work with latest
- Separate SBus input connector is NOT used on this
- May be inconvenient to move cable… enhance to use this one?
- Dual pin inputs?
- RC input port can be used as a uart instead!
- Use serial protocol manager to allow selection of which uart is used for RC input?
- Only recover a full uart on some boards where the inversion can be done in software
UTC0038 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/10350
UTC0039 - Leonard’s PID changes
- Two extra filters on AC_PID
- Want to finish off the high-vibration failsafe
- Calculates accel from altitude delta when in failsafe
- Hopefully beta-test in 4 weeks
UTC0042 - Plane and tridge
UTC0045 - USB dual-function
- T265 cameras
- Need a companion computer ATM
- What would it take to use USB port?
- Substantial amount of work to act as a USB host
- Camera allows for a lot of configuration
- Consume directly in ArduPilot?
- Could develop in SITL
- Could pass through the USB data stream over a normal UART from a CC
- Probably a couple of weeks
- Depth messages would be cool
- Could be cheaper than a 360 lidar
- Tridge’s indoor-vs-outdoor channel mode option
- Existing switch for disabling GPS
UTC0049 - stack usage
- Reduce memory usage by moving allocation from heap to stack
- MdB had a bug which went away when increasing stack
- Tridge is working on statically determining stack usage
UTC0101 - setting bad value in rcmap will cause vehicle to fail to boot
- Peter’s die-rcmap-die branch does fix that