Issues & Pull Requests
UTC2300 - add Pixhawk firmware loading info by Hwurzburg · Pull Request #4847 · ArduPilot/ardupilot_wiki · GitHub
- Add firmware loading info
- First attempt at fixing generic instructions on flashing boards
- Some clones may only be seeing one IMU when there are actually two?
- There’s the MS5607 vs MS5611 issue which we could explicitly mention
- [10:04 AM]Peter Hall: I think the warning should be a little scary.
- [10:04 AM]Peter Hall: Its basically lucky dip…
- [10:04 AM]Peter Barker: I most object to “vague”
- [10:04 AM]Peter Barker: FUD etc
- These boards might be the very cause of large number of fmuv2 downloads we see
- Tridge has 2 of these boards on the way and will be able to see what current dodgy clones look like
- As far as we know there’s no genuine Pixhawk1 being produced (i.e. licensed to use the trademark)
UTC2308 - Development: update airspeed message by IamPete1 · Pull Request #296 · ArduPilot/mavlink · GitHub
- Update airspeed message
- Already upstream
UTC2310 - common.xml: add fuel_pressure ext. to EFI_STATUS by robertlong13 · Pull Request #297 · ArduPilot/mavlink · GitHub
- Fuel pressure extension
- We’ll get robertlong12 to PR upstream
UTC2312 - AP_Airspeed: move to per-instance params by IamPete1 · Pull Request #22297 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Per-instance params for airspeed
- Doesn’t change existing parameters
- Param conversion works
- synthetic/media/three-real sensors coming
- Continuous probing?
- Strange doing that on Periph…
UTC2318 - AP_Scripting: system for switching to alternative versions of lua scripts by tridge · Pull Request #22438 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- System for switching to alternative versions of lua scripts using an RC switch
- OS bindings are smaller than using the generated bindings
- Need to warn the switch will reload all scripts….
UTC2321 - AP_HAL_SITL: add option to create uart connection to file by peterbarker · Pull Request #22479 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Add option to create uart connection to file
- Need to update the in-code documentation a little first
UTC2325 - Plane: Events: combine failsafe event prints by IamPete1 · Pull Request #22480 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Combine failsafe event prints
- Fewer lines of output when a failsafe happens
UTC2325 - Rename HAL_INS_ENABLED to AP_INERTIALSENSOR_ENABLED by peterbarker · Pull Request #22481 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Rename HAL_INS_ENABLED to AP_INERTIALSENSOR_ENABLED
UTC2328 - Plane: Update Q_OPTIONS metadata to new format by Hwurzburg · Pull Request #22483 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Update the Q_OPTIONS metadata to move stuff into the checkbox dialogue
- Metadata can take a long time to come into MissionPlanner
- Henry and Peter will work together to use more of these
UTC2330 - AP_ExternalAHRS: add support for VectorNAV 100 by IamPete1 · Pull Request #22488 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Add support for VectorNAV100
- Tridge tested it on our existing supported device
UTC2332 - Plane: glide slope switch to per mode method by IamPete1 · Pull Request #22491 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Glide-mode-switch to per-mode-method
- Const uint32_t mode_options for some of this stuff?
- Could save a chunk of flash
- Maybe try a set of option bits later
- Peter will have a play with another similar change to see how well the bitmask works
UTC2343 - AP_Scripting: bindings: logger: support more formats by IamPete1 · Pull Request #22504 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Add support for more logger formats
- So you don’t have to encode in one of existing almost-suitable format
UTC2344 - AP_Terrain: only include GCS_MAVLink if terrain is enabled by peterbarker · Pull Request #22518 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Don’t include headers in terrain unnecessarily
UTC2347 - AP_Declination: update magnetic field tables by tridge · Pull Request #22520 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Update world magnetic model table data
- Generating these isn’t trivial
- The underlying generation is fortran….
- There’s a pure-python implementation which tridge isn’t using for this yet
- Knowing which tables are in use might be useful in analysis?
- We do use the tables in-flight….
- Can work it out from git hashes if really required
- 10:50 AM]Peter Hall: Could we save much flash by including smaller areas?
- Test data changed?
- Bilinear interpolation bug-finding needs the data
- Problem with ublox
- Rtk fixes different between rtk and unicore?!
- Different datum
- uBlox uses world model above sea level on a 10-degree grid
- Both use wgs-84 model
- ArduPilot uses amsl
- Eg96 vs eg2000-and-something model
- Models are within cm
- uBlox saves flash space by not having all parameters of the model but having 10-degree granularity
- Those are degrees of lat/lng - so massive!
- Using two GPSs, one uBlox, one unicore? 7 metre change in height, even if you have an RTK fix on both!
- 4 partners looking at introducing Unicore
- One-of-each would be bad if using RTK
- Need to find a better way of using wsg geoid
- This moves to model 13 from 12
UTC0002 - AP_Scripting: rename TRIK to TRIKR for sport_aerobatics by Hwurzburg · Pull Request #22521 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Rename TRIK to TRIKR in aerobatics scripting
UTC0003 - AP_Arming: only require AP_RALLY_ENABLED if MIS_ITEM_CHECK_RALLY by peterbarker · Pull Request #22523 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Arming check fix when rally enabled/not enabled
UTC0005 - param_parse.py: understand @CopyFieldsFrom by peterbarker · Pull Request #22530 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- param_parse.py: understand @CopyFieldsFrom
UTC0008 - AP_Param: allow class specific defaults using pointer diff. by IamPete1 · Pull Request #22531 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Class-specific defaults using pointer-diff
- Stops using defaults linked list, uses poiter arithmetic to save flash
- No more set-and-default calls
- New AP_GROUPINFO_FLAGS_DEFAULT_POINTER macro
- Actually costing us bytes?
- Should save a bunch of memory
- This is scary code with pointer-diff
- But it’s AP_Param, so fits right in
- Will allow for OSD param defaults to work a lot better as they’d be too expensive right now
- Probably the right approach
- A comment would be worthwhile
- Manual code review for codepaths setting the default when flag isn’t set
UTC0016 - AIRLink hwdef: added heater parameters by aviaks · Pull Request #22534 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Add heater parameters to airlink hwdef
- Tridge wants to know these are correct for the board
- Copy-and-pasted from another board
- Don’t want oscillation
UTC0019 - Remove erratic logging of first home position into CMD log by peterbarker · Pull Request #22546 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Removes weird logging of home location
UTC0022 - AP_Scripting: Update readmes for aerobatics by Hwurzburg · Pull Request #22536 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Update scripted aerobatics comments based on extensive discussions
UTC0023 - AP_Logger: create and use AP_Logger_config.h by peterbarker · Pull Request #22548 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Make an AP_Logger_config.h
UTC0024 - MAVLink: send FTP replies from within the FTP thread by tridge · Pull Request #22552 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Send FTP replies from within the ftp threads
- Saves 7kB of RAM!
- Takes advantage of sending mavlink from other threads
- Fixes nasty bugs around ObjectBuffer
- Allocation could fail in constructor and then you could get nullptr dereferences
- OADatabase issues for example
- Need to remember to check the get_size method!
- New heuristics around transfer
- Ftp retry strategy in MAVProxy is important / good
- [11:33 AM]Peter Hall: I do have a MP pr that helps once it starts going slow.
- ArduPilot: MavLink: Param fetch: fix getting stuck with missing params by IamPete1 · Pull Request #3033 · ArduPilot/MissionPlanner · GitHub
- Will be test-flown on Sunday
UTC0038 - AP_HAL_ChibiOS: minimize Mamba405-2022 by peterbarker · Pull Request #22553 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Minimize the F405-2022 build
- 4.3.3 update with CubeOrange IMU FIFO reset change, perhaps
- Need to consider the bandwidth parameter download fix
- Nothing exciting happening
- Need to consider when 4.4 starts
- 4.3.2 is out
- 4.3.3 needs to gout with stuff from Leonard
- The dt change will be included
- Flight performance fix
- No decision on when this beta will start
- A longer beta because of the dt change
- Andy’s asked for several things to come back
- A bunch of issues did get resolved
- Much shorter issue list now
- The dt change will be included
- Surface tracking oscillations with one of the lidars?
- Nothing new
- Second-order complementary filter?
- Use sensor directly?
- interpolate/add on velocity stuff?
- Use AHRS HAGL rather than rangefinder for surface tracking?
- Noise vs signal
- Change in behaviour?
- The rangefinder-gain stuff went away which might have caused issues
- New DevTeam member
- Get room bookings done!
- Make surrey ou ask about parking if you are going to hire a car
- Use scooters or Uber instead?
- Note APD issues in here:
- Hopefully APD will blog about it soon
- More likely to happen on big quadplanes
- Longer wiring / bigger caps etc
- Anti-spark connectors more common on big-S battery setups
- Is this visible enough?
- Do they have a page?
- Not yet for their existing dshot/pwm stuff
- but will when they get their CAN stuff out
- There’s a couple-of-line-notes on their documentation….
- Do they have a page?
- Should we emit a safety bulletin?
- This isn’t a bug in the ArduPilot firmware, so probably not appropriate
- If you are using APD ESCS - read and understand that wiki page!