Attendee count (max): 21
UTC2300 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/pymavlink/pull/508
- Documentation for custom mode map in pymavlink
UTC2303 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16701
- No user base so we’re moving the sprayer ID?
- 216 to 199…
- We got bitten by this on the EFI message ID changed and it hurt
- We’ll merge this one but lets try not to do this into the future
- There’s no reason for this
- Ranges for numbers have really gone out the window
- Why move it?
- Lots of stuff in ardupilotmega.xml could notionally be moved…
- Worry about extensions being added to these messages without ardupilot’s OK
- Or new meaning given to extra parameters
- Which is NOT a problem if it is in ardupilotmega.xml
- ATM this has to be in common.xml if it is to appear in QGC
- Should discuss possibility of using all.xml for ground control stations
- Tridge likes having a separate xml file where we own the messages in it…
- Peter tridge Amilcar and James to discuss this PR….
UTC2326 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16695
- Emit a FENCE_STATUS straight away rather than waiting for streamrate
UTC2329 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16709
UTC2329 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16687/files
- Setting to zero resets the jump tracking
- 5-jump-loop and then you land and you say waypoint 1 then the jump tracker retains the value across mission runs
- Setting to zero resets the jump tracker
- Copter resets the mission on disarm….
- Additional check for sending in zero
- Add a comment to point to the other way of doing things
- Mergeable otherwise
UTC2338 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16705
- Need more information on this timestamp ms wrap thing and how it happened
- GPS time receive going very very large according to PR author
UTC2343 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/16685
- Tridge is working on this with the user on this high-wind issue
UTC2346 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16676/files
- Move the check into the reboot function instead
- Remove the infinite loop
- Need to worry about cygwin
UTC2357 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16675/files
- Add option to turn off plane angle limits and use just q_angle_max
- For vehicles that are fast and can’t afford large angles in fixed wing flight but need them in q-modes
- Separate function?
- Tridge will have to come back to look at this one, its not clear
UTC0008 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16665
- MdB doesn’t like it…
- Tridge doesn’t like his lua scripts faulting
- No GPS at all causes lua scripts to fail if you ask for status on non-existant GPS
- In LUA you have to check sensor count before checking status
- MdB thinks we should be protecting against catching invalid data
- AP_GPS should change to have a boolean on each getter function?
- Groundspeed() would require a minimum status to be passed in?
- Some parts of the code are happy with 2D fix some are happy with 3D…
- If LUA scripts are looking at sensors they’re prone to exit…
- If battery healthy() then check voltage may exit on startup if your battery monitor hasn’t come up yet (the healthy() call may fault)
- Set_current_command can fault your script if you ask to set something beyond your number of commands
- Your script could exit due to a race condition if someone else updates the mission
- Pcall - protected call
- Wrap entire script in a pcall….
- You could pcall a lot to make sure your script doesn’t fault
- A lot of our examples are unsafe as written
- Exitting script makes it obvious you’ve made a mistake
- But exiting in flight is not acceptable…
- We both return bool and throw exceptions from set_current_waypoint
- The pcall stuff helps in that you can restart
- Script failed because a GPS didn’t turn up and it was expected to be there
- Status was being checked on an instance that didn’t exist
- Descriptions file is wrong as it is depending on the data
- Pcalling everything would make for awkward code?
UTC0025 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16659/files
- Send new waypoint on all links
UTC0027 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16653
- Useful for debugging
- Allows RC channel aux options to be triggered in missions and via mavlink
- Parameter conversion could be a problem?
- Parachute on 9 could be moved
- There are checks that make sure you have an interlock and whatnot
- Whitelist of blacklist?
- Very likely to be merged - need to make a function boolean
UTC0042 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16647
- Move video tx to own directory
UTC0043 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16646
- Running add vtx power to OSD
- Running out of parameter IDS in current OSD stuff…
- Can be merged soonish
- Squilter to poke people on Discord for a merge
UTC0049 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16641
- Preserves behaviour in face of incoming changes from Paul
- This might have unintended consequences
- Randy is going to have a closer look
UTC0059 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16642/files
- Only send proximity messages where we’ve previously sent them
UTC0103 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15744
- Leonard is happy with the squelching of thrust-loss with the parameter
- Yaw imbalance check
- Couple more queries but likely to be merged
UTC0106 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14276
- I2c bus in scripting
- Needs MdB to look at it
- Cap on memory added
- 4 devices per script per boot
- Ownptr issue has gone away because of that
- MdB doesn’t like the example
- MdB to approve
- We need something like this if we’re bouncing PRs like Jaime’s
UTC0112 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15546
- Notify motor malfunction….
- Should probably have a mask of failed motors
- Need extensions to SYS_STATUS for more bits….
- We really should be using ACTUATOR
- Flow of how changes are going in is not good…
- The boolean just tells you you have a problem somewhere on your system
- A specific hardware failure message?
- Something like a pymavlink script could be checking that message and looking at what’s broken and acting accordingly…
- Spreading the data out too much?
- Consider this is the “high-level” report
- Another message for details?
- Use heartbeat’s state?
- Have a “hardware failsafe”?
- Motor thrust loss was supposed to be a first step
UTC0126 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16606/files
- Common logging function between for the GSF
- Different bias estimates in the EKFs can explain the different GSF values
UTC0136 - Plane update
UTC0137 - Copter update
- 4.0.7 tagged
- Bill and amilcar looking at this release…
- Making progress towards 4.1
- SCurves into good shape now
- Some testing done on the weekend
- Found some issues that have been resolved
- SplineCurve bug
- Only known issue is object avoidance
- Thanks to Rishabh
- Vehicle is a little more jerky
UTC0139 - no Rover update
UTC0139 - close