Attendee count (max): 18
UTC1100 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16108
- Can be merged
- Need to do the mavlink rebase dance
UTC1106 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16097
- Why is this a fix?
- Nobody’s really sure, but it doesn’t hurt and isn’t release critical
UTC1108 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16077
- Disarm option to not disarm if considered flying
- Concerns about the vehicle not knowing if it is flying or not
- Use disarm timeout?
- Alternative idea: if you’ve just disarmed then we skip arming checks on re-arm
- Randy isn’t sold on “safe disarm” subtle differences
- Tridge has seen people fat-finger things so he’s sympathetic
- Combined switch on transmitter?
- Not merging this now. Need more input from people on whether it’s useful to have more slightly different RC channel options
UTC1120 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16053
- Reworking integrators for Helis
- Bill’s been working with Randy on these
- Landing detector fixes
- Still leaky-i by default
- Will change over to this new scheme later
- Very much relying on landing detector to work
UTC1125 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16032
- Add simulated i2c airspeed sensor
- Doesn’t switch us over by default
- Can be merged when ready
- Can use _sitl rather than AP::sitl()
UTC1128 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16008
- Separate tester would be good
- Arming checks moved into thearming library
- Henry will test this
- Can be merged on Henry’s approval
UTC1135 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16003
- DSDL implies state-of-charge is required
- Some of the canbus battery monitors can’t provide the field
- Neither can the default ap-periph ones
- Don’t know capacity of the battery
- XT90 and that’s it.
- Cuav has no can parameters
- Ap-periph could use it if you use slcan and change the capacity but its a pain
- If we started to just use soc we’d break things
- This PR tries to only use the soc if it valid
- Current AP_Periph assumes a 3300mAh battery and fills in SoC based on that
- Two places capacity can be specified - ArduPilot and AP_Periph
- Currently AP_Periph
- No CAN field for capacity?
- State of charge is a 7-bit integer
- Full-charge-capacity in watt-hours
- Predicted battery capacity, falls with aging
- Users won’t know to fill in battery capacity in the AP_Periph?
- What advantage does this have over the existing aggregation?
- Need to know whether the CAN node actually has good information about the state of charge?
- Or is it just a dumb monitor acting as a smart one?
- Other sensor backends have two different types
- We could with-state-of-charge and without-state-of-charge backends
- Tridge wants to support this feature but in a way that doesn’t break existing use cases
- New DSDL / new message?
- ArduPilot option?
- Would need to test the existing uavcan monitors to see what they put into cuav?
- Couldn’t release this as it would utterly break existing AP_Periph users?
- Change-behaviour options
- Bitmask on a battery backend to modify behaviour
- First bit being “ignore SoC from device”
- DSDL doesn’t offer range of valid values
- Not possible to indicate you don’t know the state of charge
- Default for new bits should be to follow the standard (which will break AP_Periph)
- Nice to see CAN battery monitors getting
UTC1155 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15719
- Thrust-vectoring mucked up in master ATM
- Disc stuff has to be switched on
- Marco’s been working on disc stuff in RealFlight
- Henry’s been testing other aspects of this
- Lots of options!
- Pete and Henry to spend quality documenting time
UTC0001 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15694
- Flushing parameters and whatnot on reboot
- Enabling safety on reboot
- Should be no pulses until something is commanded?
- Can cut back the reboot delay
- Can be merged after safety change is made
- Notify library in AP_Periph coming…
UTC0013 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15034
- Make uint16_max -1 release for any channel
- Capability bit for whether you can release the upper channels?
UTC0022 - Plane update
- Fantastic progress on quadplane channel
- New Plane stable coming soon
- Bug in EKF where it would fuse an unhealthy airspeed sensor
- E.g. cable disconnected….
- Testing to be done
- High-altitude Plane stuff currently underway
- Better atmospheric models
- Flight testing over next few weeks
UTC0023 - remember to vote on current proposal to adopt outside project into ArduPilot!
UTC0025 - Copter update
- Progressing towards 4.1 beta release
- EKF3 and s-curves
- Both a little difficult
- Andy Piper still reporting EK3-still-initialising messages
- If you wait long enough with no GPS or compass you can’t arm…
- IMU+Baro flying
- Paul: should work, need logs
- Adjustments so you don’t need to turn off too many options when flying compass-less
- Some fundamental questions posed in review
- Currently the flight patterns are squarer than they should be
- Terrain-following issues have been addressed
- Drastic terrain changes can cause target point to move too far
- Can slow down the s-curves so the vehicle can catch up again
- Maybe another month out from a beta
- People who’ve test-flown it love it
UTC0032 - Rover update
- EKF3 beta testing before Rover out
- No s-curves for Rover in 4.1
- Probably won’t be adding Rishabh’s 3D avoidance into 4.1 Copter either
UTC0034 - close