Attendee count (max): 20
UTC1110 - Deprecate MAV_DATA_STREAM by amilcarlucas · Pull Request #266 · ArduPilot/mavlink · GitHub
- Deprecate data streams?
- Makes tlogs
- High cost of sending telemetry in Japan for example
- Do users want one big knob?
UTC1125 - message_definitions: update message definitions from upstream by peterbarker · Pull Request #270 · ArduPilot/mavlink · GitHub
- Update message from upstream
UTC1126 - Compass: per instance params take 2 by IamPete1 · Pull Request #19490 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Compass per-instance parameters
- Bearing too many parameters on peripherals?
- Can’t merge without size being fixed
- Suggested change made
- Don’t want the parameters on the periph at all?
- Don’t we hide a bunch of them?
- we probably don’t want things like declination…
- Separate PR first to minimise parameters
UTC1135 - Upstream documentation update up-to 2022-02-16 by amilcarlucas · Pull Request #249 · ArduPilot/mavlink · GitHub
- Upstream documentation update
UTC1137 - Plane: Max altitude for FBWB by khanasif786 · Pull Request #19732 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Max altitude for fbwb
- Why do people want this?
- Tridge likes the way Copter does where it doesn’t breach the fence but stops
- Really need frame for fence (e.g. terrain-relative
- Tridge would like it to work for loiter, etc etc
- Harder to do horizontally in planes, but vertically should be doable
- Copter’s actually a bit more nuanced
- Position control will breach
- Velocity won’t
- Guided rejects commands outside fence
- Tridge wants this done via fence altitude rather than new parameter
UTC1148 - User request: add new target: revo-mini-sd by shellixyz · Pull Request #20077 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- New target , revo-mini-sd
- We’ll ask for AUTOBUILD_TARGETS to be added so it isn’t automatically built
- Peter will add a comment
UTC1151 - AP_GPS: UBlox: configure and log TIM-TM2 by IamPete1 · Pull Request #20335 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Logging structures are incorrect
- No SITL testing done on this or that would’ve been picked up
- Looks OK past that
UTC1156 - Update: AP_Periph Hwdef Carbonix l496 by Lokesh-Carbonix · Pull Request #20418 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Probably shouldn’t be on automatic build server in the future?
- Would be nice to get periph builds on custom build server
UTC0057 - AP_Airspeed: correct metadata for params for non-Plane vehicles by Hwurzburg · Pull Request #20422 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Metadata fix for airspeed
UTC0158 - Tools: add airspeed defaults to vehicle defaults files by Hwurzburg · Pull Request #20423 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Add airspeed defaults to vehicle defaults files
- We have things like copter-beacon.parm to do this sort of thing
- In SITL it is nice if things come up as close to the default parameters as possible
- So it doesn’t come up with features that wouldn’t ordinarily be enabled
- If you set analogue airspeed sensor it would come up with pin 15
- Problem with SITL is that it doesn’t use normal stuff
- Josh has problems with bus and type being in but pin is OK
UTC0204 - Clarify get_pilot_desired_lean_angles and fix limit by lthall · Pull Request #20428 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Clarify get_pilot_desired_lean_angles
- This function goes back 10 years…
- Maths is correct
- Except the implementation of the limits
- We don’t actually get circular limit
- We get a distorted squarey-looking thing
- Need this maths in a common function
- Move it to control library
- Need a test for this
- Is something for 4.2?
- Should be degrees not centidegrees in common function
UTC0210 - AP_Scripting: remove original aerobatics example to avoid confusion by Hwurzburg · Pull Request #20433 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Remove old acrobatic example as being confusing
UTC0211 - fixed set_target_angle_and_climbrate's use_yaw_rate fields don't work by khanasif786 · Pull Request #20435 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Fix set target and and climbrate’s use_yaw_rate
- Can’t specify yaw rate……
- More education rather than code changes required?
- Specification in guided is a sensible interface to completely control an aircraft that is diverse and flexible enough to cover everyone’s situations and can provide fast response to get the most out of an aircraft
- Thrust for vertical control might have utility
- But Alt-hold using guided?
- Rp rate yaw
- Attitude not specified
- Guided message specifies entire attitude as quat
- And can specify rates to improve response
- If you wnt to fly in something like althold you can specify full attitude and z
- But there’s no roll/pitch in!
- If you want a guided messages which is althold then maybe we make a new message?!
- Probably find a whole bunch of little corners that will drive you crazy
- Because it’s not a complete message
- Could this be done as an example lua script where we have an example function which takes target euler roll/pitch and euler yaw rate and produces the guided mode commands?
- Is this such a common thing that we should provide interfaces for it?
- We documented some functionality but then removed it in 4.2
- This is bad
- Users can update their code…
- Tridge out together the LUA function
- Document the mavlink interface…
- Long-term maybe add more mavlink messages?
UTC0227 - AP_HAL_ChibiOS: use structure for writing out WDOG,MON message by peterbarker · Pull Request #20441 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Needs to pass documentation
- Needs debug removed
- Can be merged after debug and documentation fixed
UTC0237 - Fixed lockups on H743 with flash storage by tridge · Pull Request #20442 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Extensive work after a vehicle watchdogged in guided
- Good explanation of 68ms bug found
- Restores buzzer on MatekH743
- Andy wants to do testing
- Can’t do testing until tomorrow
- Tridge is 100% certain the existing code is incorrect+dangerous
- Andy wants to make sure even outputs in d-shot
- We can wait for Andy for a day
- Don’t want a high-value aircraft falling out of the sky without this stuff in
- Another patch pending which fixes a related issue
- Re-init of H7 flash storage
- Re-init message being spat out
- Should fix the recursion issue
- Marked for DevCallEU
UTC0241 - Tradheli- autotune fix and flash savings by bnsgeyer · Pull Request #20447 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Tadheli flash savings
- Bill will work with Randy and Leonard…
- Saves several hundred bytes
UTC0248 - heli update
- Some users are getting good results with autotune
- Still waiting on user on fixed-pitch tailrotor issue
UTC0249 - Plane update
- D-shot fixes
- Successful “ship” landing on trailer
UTC0051 - Copter update
- Beta3 went out
- A few issues outstanding
- Set_attitude_target message came up
- Goalposts have been moved a bit…
- Wouldn’t stand in acro
- But 4.3 doesn’t stand in any mode
- Brushed motor with relay?
- 4.1 change might have killed it?
- Mot_pwm_count killed things?
- Blheli-s not working?
- Vehicles falling from sky with all-zeroes watchdog?
UTC0055 - GSoC
- What stage are we at?
- No submissions yet?
- 2 weeks for proposals to come in
- We ask for slots next month
- So 2 weeks for submissions
- 2 weeks for evaluation of proposals
- Announcements May 20
UTC0058 - partner’s call
- None this month because of conference
UTC0058 - conference
UTC0100 - close