Custom firmware builder takes 3 days?

I need a custom firmware for my Kakute F7 boards, namely to include canvas mode OSD (or whatever it’s called), to get OSD via HDZero.

Anyway, it looks like the custom firmware builder web page is taking about 70 hours to build a firmware. That just seems quite odd to me, shouldn’t it take just a minute? 5 minutes? Is the custom firmware builder automated? Or maybe someone is doing the builds manually?

Thanks…

1 Like

hello,
thanks for the report, indeed something looks wrong, we will investigate

Looks like the firmware builder was working fine for a few hours, but now it’s back up to 20-24 hours to create a build.

By the way, the ONLY feature I would like to add to the “official release” firmware for my Kakute F7, is canvas mode OSD. The official release firmware is 700-some k - well below 1mb. Seems like OSD (a very common wanted feature?) can be added to the Kakute F7 official firmware, so that a person doesn’t have to do a custom build. :slight_smile:

Anyway, thanks for listening.

While I’m not convinced that OSD is a super common feature (not all of us regularly use FPV or downlinked video of any kind), I can agree that if an autopilot includes OSD hardware, it should probably be supported by the native feature set.

1 Like

hello @wsalopek

my quad is tilting to one side…can u pl tell whats the problem. below is the log:
Log File C:\Users\PRASHANT SOOD\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp123C.tmp.log

Size (kb) 108.5234375

No of lines 2133

Duration 0:00:01

Vehicletype ArduCopter

Firmware Version VDD_5V_PERIPH_nO

Firmware Hash 4fcfa4b2

Hardware Type

Free Mem 0

Skipped Lines 164

Test: Autotune = UNKNOWN - No ATUN log data
Test: Brownout = GOOD -
Test: Compass = WARN - WARN: Large compass offset in MAG data (X:377.00, Y:43.00, Z:38.00)
mag_field interference within limits (9.07%)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
Test: Empty = FAIL - Empty log? Throttle never above 20%
Test: Event/Failsafe = GOOD -
Test: GPS = FAIL - Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 99.99
Test: IMU Mismatch = NA -
Test: Motor Balance = UNKNOWN - ‘OCTAQUAD/X’
Test: NaNs = FAIL - Found NaN in CTUN.TAlt
Found NaN in CTUN.DSAlt

Test: OpticalFlow = FAIL - ‘FLOW_FXSCALER’ not found
Test: Parameters = FAIL - ‘MAG_ENABLE’ not found
Test: PM = UNKNOWN - No PM log data
Test: Pitch/Roll = GOOD -
Test: Thrust = GOOD -
Test: VCC = UNKNOWN - No CURR log data

Prashant - I do not know (I am not an expert). I suggest you post your issue in one of these categories, depending on which version of Arducopter you are running:

We’re up to 65 hours now to generate a custom build.

hello,

I see again what is happening. Thanks for reporting.

I will ping the maintainer for Kakute board to see if we can include canvas mode by default. O

Thanks very much. :slight_smile: