Customer firmware options for Kakute F7 to get OSD from Walksnail?

Hi folks,

I’ve built several/many custom firmwares trying to get OSD working using my Walksnail VRX (not the goggles, but the VRX, though they should be identical for the purposes of this discussion). I’m using firmware 29.33.16, which is the latest, on both the VTX and VRX.

No matter which custom arducopter options I select, and how many ways I set the parameters in Mission Planner, I just can’t get any OSD.

The parameters I’m using, which seem most correct from researching info from many sources are:

SERIALn_BAUD=115
SERIALn_PROTOCOL = 42
MSP_OPTIONS = 0 (I tried 4 and 5 - doesn’t work, and zero SHOULD be correct)
OSD_TYPE = 5

The custom firmware options I am using are:

ENABLE MSP DISPLAYPORT OSD
ENABLE MSP TELEMETRY AND MSP OSD
ENABLE OSD

I’ve also tried several other variations. None work.

Thanks…

P.S. There’s plenty of room to add OSD options by default to the standard firmware, I’d hope/suggest OSD be added to the standard firmware builds so custom firmware building doesn’t have to be dealth with.

@peterbarker @yaapu any ideas?

OK - well - I updated the Walksnail firmware to 31.36.8 - and blamo - I have OSD.

There’s no reason I know of, that THAT firmware should have made any difference at all since the OSD was already implemented in an earlier firmware.

But hey - I’ll take it. Just wish I understood what happened! :slight_smile:

Great, any font issues? I have no idea what font table the system uses for ArduPilot, did you have to enable betaflight compatibility?

Hi Alex - no, no font issues that I can see so far. And no, I did not have to enable betaflight compatibility - apparently, WS supports native ardupilot fonts at least as far back as v29.33.16.

thanks for your feedback!