Custom Imagery in Mission Planner

Hi Michael,

Does this internal limit still exist with current versions of mission planner?

I was able to import custom imagery into mission planner my export settings are as follows;

• Zoom level - 23
  • Number of Zoom levels - 18

This was done using global mapper. If you could please recommend a software that could provide a higher number of zoom levels.

Thanks

The internal zoom limit would be 21 or 22. Anything above this will not be used

Thank you, Michael.

You have a great day ahead.

Hey Michael,

While I have your attention, is it possible to insert more than one custom map in mission planner? I wish to have max 3 atleast 2 custom maps in mission planner that show the following;

1 - google map tiles custom map.
2 - a DEM in a google map tiles format.

Thanks.

do you know if your DEM format is supported by gdal?

MP handles imagery and DEM seperately.

Normal the DEM would be in GeoTiff format, and only requires copying the source image into the correct folder to work.

The DEM which is in geotiff format is copied to the SRTM directory. How do I find out if my DEM format is supported by gdal? I wish to have the ability to display both the google map tiles of a surveyed area and the DEM file to the pilot using mission planner to plan a mission.

Thanks.

Hi Michael,

I can confirm that my DEM which is in the format of geotiff is supported by gdal.

Thanks.

check this post

1 Like

Hello, there is a problem with my TIF file ? Selected option on Global Mapper like in the video

your image is not in wgs84.
looks like its in some other coord system

This is the parameters of Global Mapper

change the projection to Geographic

1 Like

It works well ! Thanks :slight_smile:

Just a quick note:
The version of libtiff being used does not like:

• Tiled Imagery
  • Band-interleaved imagery
  • ZSTD-compressed imagery
  • LERC-compressed imagery

Best bet seems to be to stick with ultra-vanilla Non-tiled, strip-encoded, LZW-compressed imagery.

Hello thre, I have tried to get my geotiff file to be accepted in the latest mission planner.
It seems to load, but there is no altitude data.

From debug:
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoTiff C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: invalid TIFF directory; tags are not sorted in ascending order
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: unknown field with tag 33550 (0x830e) encountered
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: unknown field with tag 33922 (0x8482) encountered
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: unknown field with tag 34735 (0x87af) encountered
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: unknown field with tag 34736 (0x87b0) encountered
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: unknown field with tag 34737 (0x87b1) encountered
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: unknown field with tag 42113 (0xa481) encountered
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoKeyDirectoryTag ID=GTModelTypeGeoKey TagLoc=0 Count=1 Value/offset=2
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoKeyDirectoryTag ID=GTRasterTypeGeoKey TagLoc=0 Count=1 Value/offset=2
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoKeyDirectoryTag ID=GTCitationGeoKey TagLoc=34737 Count=13 Value/offset=0
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoKeyDirectoryTag ID=GTCitationGeoKey Value=GCS_WGS_1984|
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoKeyDirectoryTag ID=GeographicTypeGeoKey TagLoc=0 Count=1 Value/offset=4326
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoKeyDirectoryTag ID=GeogAngularUnitsGeoKey TagLoc=0 Count=1 Value/offset=9102
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoKeyDirectoryTag ID=GeogEllipsoidGeoKey TagLoc=0 Count=1 Value/offset=7030
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoKeyDirectoryTag ID=GeogSemiMajorAxisGeoKey TagLoc=34736 Count=1 Value/offset=0
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoKeyDirectoryTag ID=GeogSemiMinorAxisGeoKey TagLoc=34736 Count=1 Value/offset=1
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoKeyDirectoryTag ID=GeogInvFlatteningGeoKey TagLoc=34736 Count=1 Value/offset=2
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoKeyDirectoryTag ID=VerticalUnitsGeoKey TagLoc=0 Count=1 Value/offset=9001
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - GeoAsciiParamsTag GCS_WGS_1984|
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - Tie Point (0,0,0) → (9.2415303599874,62.2202885638702,0)
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - Scale (8.97327984480212E-05,8.97327984480212E-05,1)
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - Coverage {Lat=62,2202885638702,Lng=9,2415303599874,WidthLng=3,97067633132494,HeightLat=2,3441796266561}
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - CacheAble False
INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.GeoTiff - Start Point (0,0,0) → (9.24157522638663,62.2202436974709,0)
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: invalid TIFF directory; tags are not sorted in ascending order
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: unknown field with tag 33550 (0x830e) encountered
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: unknown field with tag 33922 (0x8482) encountered
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: unknown field with tag 34735 (0x87af) encountered
ReadDirectory: Warning, C:\ProgramData\Mission Planner\srtm\2.tif: unknown field with tag 34736 (0x87b0) encountered

File:
https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1e9t_Du2tnUDcuIj7Pm1Zpfs3qI0LF6Aa&export=download
That files is converted by a friendly person, since I do not have access to Globalmapper.

Related:

so your tiff is actualy ok.
the issue is that its 4.5gb.
ive made some changes in beta MP to improve the performance, however its still not instance, because the file is so large.
ive also added support for 32bit integer. as i expected 32bit float. i will push a new beta version in the next hour or so

2 Likes

Hey Michael,

Can we increase the resolution past zoom level 21? I see you upped it many years ago to this number, but I have some custom maps that could work at 24.

Thank you!

1 Like

how are you feeding in the images? wms?gdal? etc?

ie atm
wms = 22
gdal = 24

1 Like

I’m using google maps ties, couldn’t get geotiffs to work, let me try with some renewed enthusiasm now that I know I can use gdal up to 24 :slight_smile: (thanks!)