Cube yellow cannot find Here 2

Hello, today i got random error “Check BRD_TYPE: Failed to update IO firmware” without any changes from me from yesterday. I upload the HW_ID screenshot, GPS is connected on I2C

. I tried moving to CAN and setting BRD_BOOT_DELAY to 5000, but still cannot find Here 2. On my initial setup, when i start compass calibration, the external compass starts calibrating up to 30% even when the aircraft is stil and it gets to 50% when i try to calibrate it and freezes. The internal compass doesn’t start at all.

Okay!
First, Resolve your power source. From the log, you can see low voltage warning of 4.1V. It’s probably your usb cable. Use the cable provided in the Cube Box.

Once that’s solved,
Connect Here2 4-pin CAN cable to CAN1(One in the middle)
Set CAN_P1_DRIVER=1
Set GPS_TYPE= 9
Set NTF_LED_TYPES=231
Click COMPASS_TYPEMASK and uncheck UAVCAN option.
After this, Share a screenshot of HWID again.

1 Like

I’m undergoing like this case… (at orange, here2, can, ac4.0.2) but no effect ‘brd boot delay 5000’(upto 10000)…

Just tested with Cube Orange and Here2.
Try Setting Compass_typemask=910

Hello, When connecting GPS to CAN with the parameters configured as you suggested, calibration starts with the 2 compasses. I did not finish it, because i was wired with cable, but it looks ok. I hope that fixes it and thank you all for the effort. I am sending HW_ID

Is there a way to fix it with I2C port, because I am using the 30cm GPS cable from ProfiCNC and it is more pins? Also, i have to try Compass_typemask=910 on CAN or I2C?

Hey @rmackay9 @proficnc
Looks like there is some bug in Compass masking. Or probably something else related to UAVCAN compass. The UAVCAN compass initializing is random and unpredictable without changing settings on CubeOrange.

As per my previous reply, the compass was initialized. but without changing setting, on second boot, it just disappeared.
I tested with different Here2 GPS. Same issue. Had 5secs of boot delay on all tests.

Hey @rmackay9
Tried one here2 on Serial/i2c and one on UAVCAN, I2C compass works all the time. But UAVCAN doesn’t work most of the time. You can check the clock below, This happened in the very next boot.

I just went out calibrating compass on CAN. Every time calibration was unsuccessful. Sat Count was all time 0. On I2C i can’t even access GPS. Maybe there will be any fix on next firmware?

Hey @rmackay9 @proficnc
Tested on CubeBlack and it works perfectly!
Checked Bus Monitor on both Orange and black. Here2 is sending data without any issue. Looks like some issue with new H7 processor.

On my Cube Black same configuration works also perfectly. Only on Cube Yellow it doesn’t work.

as in my case
(cube orange, here2 * 2, ac 4.0.3dev)
only checking uavcan at ‘compass_typemask’ , brd_boot_delay = 5000.
power cycling and reboot pixhawk make order confuse ‘compass devid’ like below. sometimes it is not detected
(same hardware setting, just reboot)

compass3 compass4

Yes. Probably something with new yellow and orange cube. @tridge @iampete @rmackay9 any suggestions?

UPDATE: Compasses could not be calibrated. GPS could not find any satellite. At some point 10 mins after power up, the drone armed by itself when RC was off and run out and fell. WTF is happening with Cube Yellow. Today i started every parameter from beginning and checked twice. I have the same crafts with Cube Black and they run good.

Please share some logs from the flight in which it armed itself!
Thank you! Please share videos if you have them!

I am struggling disassemle it now and will share today or tomorrow morning. I have no video, only photo of crashed hexa, because I was not filming. Will share soon.

Update: No log saved for the random arming incident! Funny thing is that the drone could not be armed due to uncalibrated compasses, so even if there is some random arming how could it be without proper compass? If you need me to collect some info, please tell me what to send. Also, i am curious why Cube Yellow is not working with Here 2? Is it a firmware problem and does it have connection with the arming?

Hello, any news on solving the problem with Here 2?

Hey @rmackay9
Please have a look at this!

1 Like

There seem to be quite a few unrelated reports mixed together in this thread so it’s a challenge to disentangle them from each other.

@Lozanov, it seems very likely that the issues you’re seeing are power related. It’s probably best to:

1. replace the USB cable especially if it’s different from the one provided with the autopilot (if it’s not already the one provided)
  2. ensure that it’s plugged into a PC USB port that can provide enough power.
  3. plug in a battery (but take the propellers off)

@Mallikarjun_SE,

Thanks for your help in the discussion above. To untangle this topic I’ve created this new discussion.