Cube Orange 4.0.0 I2C SSD1306 Problem

the fix works! Display is showing infos now. Thank you @tridge

2 Likes

I always try all serial ports available. TELEM1, TELEM2, GPS2, etc. And level shifters are around since the original Pixhawk was first built by 3DR.

I have loaded the provided firmware and it’s bad news. The host of error messages is as follows:
UC Node 123 Down! (it sports a repurposed Emlid Edge GPS/mag/baro on CAN)
Prearm: Compass not healthy
Bad Logging - I booted with LOG_DISARMED = 1 and no logs are being generated
SERIAL_OPTIONS = 7 still yelds no telemetry. I’ve tested on Telem2 and GPS2. It works with offboard inverter.

LE: I had to go back to -rc5 to get rid of the Node 123 / compass problem. “Stable” won’t detect my CAN compass correctly

LLE: the UC node down / compass not healthy / bad logging only happens outside, at near-freezing temperatures. Indoors everything is running OK. Back to square one.

OK, lets start fresh.

I apologize. Last night, while trying to insetr the USB cable in the cube, to load @tridge’s patched firmware, I’ve pushed a bit into the SD card, enough to “un-click” it from the socket, but friction kept it mostly inside resulting in me not being aware of it and the debacle you see above.

Like stable, CubeOrange-serial-test1 doesn’t output a clean inverted duplex FrSky passthrough signal.

But testing today yelded a partial succes, somehow, and I’m ashamed of myself for not trying it sooner. The inversion part works, both on stable and the test version, and probably worked forever. It’s just the duplexing that’s bugged somehow.

What this means is we can forgo the MAX3232s, use SERIAL_OPTIONS 3 for inverted Rx/Tx, and use a diode for poor man’s duplexing.
Until Tridge nails it :slight_smile:

2 Likes