Copter tilting forward

5Cm is nothing. I have aircraft with ESC signal wires that are 6 to 7 times as long.

I’m with dkemxr. Other than telemetry (big ho hum) I don’t see any reason what so ever to use ANY form of BLHeli ESC on a large multi-rotor aircraft.

Think about the history of BlHeli. Where did it start? With racers. Small aircraft with small high KV motors swinging “small” props. At the time it was all about throttle response and with any racer from go-karts to Reno Air Racers, getting power to the props/wheels/jet exhaust throttle response is the key…

Here is another analogy. Compare a Hyabusa motor cycle to an 18 wheeled tractor-trailer. Who is quickest off the line? Who has the highest top speed? Who has the highest towing capacity? Who has the longest endurance on a tank of fuel?

The point is, each of these machines are purpose built for what they do and because they are purpose built they are the best at what they were built to do. Your aircraft is no different. It’s not going to set any speed records, so your really don’t need BLHeli ESCs.

As I have written, thatis a third version of a copter on that frame. For the first two copters the first flight became the last. I added screencap and logs to the google drive.
If I apply full throttle it will get jump up for 50 meters or so and start swinging and crash. I want to get it to fly smooth.

BlHeli is not just software, but hardware as well. Faster, smarter MCUs, faster FETs with lower internal resistence, so on. In the end, a brushless motor is a brushless motor, regardless of its size.
For instance, with BlHeli32, desynchs are a thing of the past. Consumption is a bit lower and flight times longer. Add telemetry and dynamic notch filtering based on motor rpm, and it’s a different universe altogether.

It’s not that you don’t need BlHeli ESCs. It’s more like make sure you get them with STM32F3s, not F0s.

OK, so what motors and props do you use?

Motors 7025 420w, the power is approximetely 2.5 kw. I use 380 props and the battery is 6s but I inntend to use 8s battery later.
The entire construction weighs 9 kg

I searched “380 mm to inch” and it gave 15 inch. Is this what you’re using !?

Hi, we need flight .bin file to investigate.

Third or fourth time you give this advice. Reverse stick input doesn’t make the craft flip on take off, it is perfectly able to fly just has reversed command.
Wonder why you keep saying that.

You need to get your facts straight. I only said that once. The longer this saga goes on the more I tend to agree with dkemxr. By your own admission this is the 3rd iteration of this design and it still won’t fly This tells me the entire design is fundamentally flawed.

The situation might not depend on the params at all. So today I turned the controller around and now the copter tilts backwards. The problem occurs to be not in the controller, but it is still not clear. All motors and ESCs are same. I post a video of a copter in 15% throttle, it seems like motor B is doing the best job, and motor C is the worst, but I think that will be compensated by the controller.

Im sorry, Thats a typo, the props are 3080

Hi, Thank you for you help, .bin file from yesterday was posted on google drive.
Videos are at google drive on myfist post as well

Well, I would disagree with you. If one of the first versions was able to fly, I wouldn’t have to make new ones. Yes, something is wrong, so I am trying to figure out what is it.

Why do you have The SERVOxx_REVERSED parameters all set to Motor Output numbers? Those are not even valid values for this parameter. If you didn’t do this purposefully, for whatever reason, I would reset to default and start over.

1 Like

I defenetelly didn’t change that parameter. I think it should be 1 for default. I’ll check that. I believe its a great idea to start over the entire param adjustment. I’ll refresh all params to default and keep track of what I change.

0 is default, I would leave it at that. Perhaps the firmware was corrupted somehow so it’s a good idea to start over in case something else is bad.

1 Like

I reinstalled and updated the firmware to version 404. The only changes made are the most nessesery ones. Unfortunatelly, it didn’t help. Here are the changes I made to the default params.

1. Dshot config
    SERVO9_FUNCTION,33
    SERVO9_MAX,2000
    SERVO9_MIN,1000
    SERVO9_REVERSED,0
    SERVO9_TRIM,1500
    SERVO10_FUNCTION,34
    SERVO10_MAX,2000
    SERVO10_MIN,1000
    SERVO10_REVERSED,0
    SERVO10_TRIM,1500
    SERVO11_FUNCTION,35
    SERVO11_MAX,2000
    SERVO11_MIN,1000
    SERVO11_REVERSED,0
    SERVO11_TRIM,1500
    SERVO12_FUNCTION,36
    SERVO12_MAX,2000
    SERVO12_MIN,1000
    SERVO12_REVERSED,0
    SERVO12_TRIM,1500

MOT_BAT_VOLT_MAX, 27
MOT_BAT_VOLT_MIN, 18
MOT_THST_EXPO,0.8

MOT_THST_HOVER,0.35
INS_ACCEL_FILTER,15
INS_GYRO_FILTER, 16
ATC_ACCEL_P_MAX, 20000
ATC_ACCEL_R_MAX, 20000
ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX, 9000
ACRO_YAW_P, 1.2
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTD, 8
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTT, 8
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTD, 8
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTT, 8
ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTE, 2
ATC_RAT_YAW_FLTT, 8
3) ESC Telem
SERVO_BLH_AUTO, 1
SERVO_BLH_MASK, 3840 Should I change this param?
SERVO_BLH_OTYPE, 4
SERIAL4_PROTOCOL, 16

Have you tried to fly with that? Include a link to the new .bin log.
Have you calibrated accels and done a perfect level horizon?
Otherwise it’s got to be motor position or direction.

Running out of ideas. What ESC’s do you have? Can you post a screenshot from BLHelisuite of the config?

New Logs are posted on the google disk
Bins&logs: https://clck.ru/PyiQT
Vids:https://clck.ru/PyiSy