Copter ( Octa)

Hello there,

i want to build my own octa-copter and found your software. I downloaded the ArduCopter-3.0.1 (final) - 3.0.1 software and added the libaries to my own libaries. After that i started the Arducopter.pde with Arduino. But, if i try to check/compile the file i get some errors:

In file included from ArduCopter.pde:111:
/config.h:48:2: error: #error CONFIG_HAL_BOARD must be defined to build ArduCopter
ArduCopter:381: error: new declaration 'uint8_t digitalRead(uint8_t)'
C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:100: error: ambiguates old declaration 'int digitalRead(uint8_t)'
ArduCopter:2190: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before 'int’
ArduCopter.pde: In function ‘int SKETCH_MAIN(int, char* const*)’:
ArduCopter:2190: error: ‘OK’ was not declared in this scope
compat.pde: In function ‘uint8_t digitalRead(uint8_t)’:
compat:33: error: new declaration 'uint8_t digitalRead(uint8_t)'
C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:100: error: ambiguates old declaration ‘int digitalRead(uint8_t)’

Someone can explain me whats wrong here ?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Greetings Jamez

@jamez,
To compile the Ardupilot code, you need a special version of the Arduino IDE that can be found here: ardupilot.com/downloads/?did=45
In the IDE header there is a tab for selecting the type of navigation processor (APM1.x, APM2.x, etc) that you are using. After selecting the navigation processor, close and restart the IDE and you will be all set.

Thank you very much :slight_smile: works fine now

Can i use the Arduino AT Mega 2560 16AU for the software,too ?

Thanks