Copter 4 autotune problem

Im using pixhawk 1 in this build so IMU haven’t any damper inside it, hatd mounting pixhawk 1 will make unstable flight as my experience

Hi @hosein_gh, I have had similar issues with my copter. When I do an autotune I get very low values like you. I’m running a hard-mounted Cube black at 4.0.3. My copter is a 900mm, 17-inch, 4.2 Kg, following!

OK today weather was good and i did autotune with autotune_aggr = 0.2

flight video
autotune log

i terminated the autotune because of radio control low battery but in the log still we have asymmetry response

That doesn’t look like you are waiting for good low wind conditions to do autotune. All that asymmetric behavior could be because you are doing the tune in moving air.

You should wait for a calm day then you should face the aircraft into the wind when tuning roll and 90 degrees to the wind when tuning pitch. That way the tuned axis reacts the same way when it twitches in both directions.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Autotune is there to make it easier for people to get a great tune but it does require that you do it in good conditions. If you are happy with the manual tune then enjoy the aircraft and don’t worry about Autotune. When you get good conditions you can do an Autotune and see if you can improve over your manual tune.

1 Like

I will wait for a no wind day bu as i remember my 2 first autotune was in less than 2km/h wind
Also i will do a hard and full throttle flight to check the possible instability
Thanks again i learned many things in this thread

Today after changing my frame i found the reason of asymmetry response
the problem was flexible arms of F450 frame (also i tested again with slow motion filming they really moving about 2mm by fast movement :flushed: :grimacing:) now with a Daya 550 frame autotune works good and could find right PIDs

@Leonardthall
@ericleal
@Axel_Edlund

2 Likes

Congratulations :palms_up_together:

1 Like

I did see those arms and thought of suggesting that you remove them but it is pretty rough saying “maybe rebuild your aircraft and that might fix it”.

I am very happy that you have found your problem. You will find that everything works better without those flame wheel arms!!

2 Likes

exactly Leonard
one the best points of Ardupilot is this great community
and this is the reason why i love Ardupilot :heart:
thanks all for helping

2 Likes