Copter-3.6.0 released!

Can anyone tell me if you guys have implemented a fix with the issue with the Here2 GPS compass not calibrating in 3.5? Wondering if i should do this upgrade…

I have been trying to get mine to calibrate on QGC and it never would, but i saw someone say that there was a bug that prevented it from calibrating with QGC, so yesterday I re-calibrated with mission planner and shut my internal compasses off… but it was super twitchy and wasn’t holding position very well in Loiter mode… so i recalibrated with MP again, this time with the internal compass 1 on, and now it holds position again… so me thinks the Here2 is still bugged out in APM 3.5 somehow.

Also, any updates to how the cube or MP supports the Garmin Lidar Lite v3?
I’m having the intermittent issue where it “sticks” ? and causes my drone to keep ascending even when I throttle down, and then it will drop rapidly… like it is overshooting my inputs by a long ways… unplug the LIDAR and no issues.

thanks!

Nik,

I’m not aware of any issues with the Here2 GPSs not calibrating. Normally it’s not the external compasses but rather the internal compasses that cause trouble. We have some advice here on the wiki but it short it comes down to trying two things:

1. increase the fitness value to “Relaxed” or “Very Relaxed”, if QGC doesn’t show this option then try directly setting the COMPASS_CAL_FIT to 32 or even higher (like 50)
  2. if you’re sure you’ve got the external compass oriented correctly set COMPASS_USE2 = 0, COMPASS_USE3 = 0 to disable the internal compasses. Becareful though because this removes AP’s ability to do the pre-arm check that the compasses are pointed in the right direction.

We’re planning to add support for the Garmin LIdarLIte v3 in 3.6.1.

If you have logs feel free to create a new topic here in the Copter-3.6 discuss forums.

Hi Randy,
Thanks for that, I actually got the compass on the HERE2 to calibrate today, it only did so after I upgraded to APM 3.6
After the upgrade I re-calibrated along with disabling the internal cube compasses and it flew just fine again as far as I can tell, and also no longer has a MAG variance error in the log,

The LIDAR actually worked today as well, not sure what changed to make it happen but I flew it around 3 times today and it worked well.

1 Like

@Iron_Donkey, fantastic that it’s all working now!

1 Like

Warning: after the update check the battery failsafe voltage value, many after flashing 3.6.0 found it at 10.5V, and with configuration at 4S or higher is not pleasant thing…

1 Like

About the 3.6 (ChibiOS) support for new boards, are there any F3 boards that are supported ? (if not is there a reason why only F4 or higher boards are only supported)

@Hugues, AP can at least theoretically run on the F3 boards but I think the issue is that they have small very flash space (flash is used to hold the software itself) so we need to chop a ton of features from AP to make it fit. I think that one of the non-GPS Skyviper drones uses an F3 but it can’t even do Loiter mode. I think the F3 boards have about 512MB of flash space.

Hi @marco3dr,

Re the battery failsafe voltage, I’ve confirmed the older 3.5.7 parameter (FS_BATT_VOLT I think) is not being copied over to BATT_LOW_VOLT. This seems like a bug to me so I’ve added it to our issues list and I hope we will fix it for an upcoming point release (maybe 3.6.1).

1 Like

thx, very understandable explanation. It is a pity these F3 lack flash/ROM space as I have plenty of unused F3 boards on my shelves…Oh well, I’ll have to renew hardware again.

Anyone out there running 3.6.0 and a Zubax GNSS v2 GPS and have it working. If so any chance you can kindly share your Param file for your working machine. I would like to compare it against my machine to see if I have missed something in the config as I am not able to get the GPS to work yet it’s confirmed now as a functional GPS.

1 Like

Are you talking about a Here2? @rickyg32

Zubax GNSS V2 GPS…sorry should have said that.
Is the Here a canport GPS. If so then it should have the same settings and would love to see them

1 Like

I believe there is an option to run the Here2 via CAN but I am running it in the native configuration through the GPS1 port which I believe is i2c, so I don’t think my params will be much help to you unfortunately.

thanks for stepping up Nik,
It’s appreciated.

1 Like

Hi there
I am updated my pixhawk with copter 3.6.0 but when I am trying to connect the mission planner with the 433 MHz telemetry it is not connecting .
Can u suggest any solution.
Thank you

Not sure if this is a good spot to ask this, but I just updated to 3.6.1 and I am getting intermittent bad Gyro Health errors fairly frequently now, during flight as well as on the ground, and also some bad GPS health errors that aren’t quite as frequent.

Anyone else experiencing this? any remedy?

What do “SmartRTL or Land” and “SmartRTL or RTL” fail safe options mean?

How can I view sag compensated voltage data?

Does BATT_LOW_TIMER apply to BATT_CRT_VOLT as well?

So I know that I am REALLY late, but I am curious about the change from FS_BATT to BATT_FS when the other failsafes are still FS_THR and FS_EKF etc. Can anyone fill me in?

@thatsnailguy,

The “SmartRTL or Land” means that during the failsafe it will attempt to switch to SmartRTL but if it can’t it will switch to Land. It can fail to enter SmartRTL if it fails to have a good position estimate or if the SmartRTL position buffer is full.

The sag compensated voltage can be seen in the BAT dataflash log message. I don’t think we send it in real-time to the ground station.

The change in name from FS_BATT to BATT_FS is just a consequence of moving the failsafe to the battery monitor library so that it can be shared amongst all the vehicles.

Hope that helps…

@Javad_ali
Hello,I Have exactly same problem!

Good day rmackay9

I feel embarrassed to ask ! I know there is 3.6.10 available but the pixhacks comes out
with 3.6.0 so for the moment I am looking at that version.

I have read your remark in another thread about the battery failsafes changed to BATT_FS where they used to be FS_BAT.

I do not find any BATT_FS params though ?

THanks
John