Copter-3.6.0-rc5 available for beta testing

Awesome, thx so much for doing that. I think f722 design is one of best on the market, pity i did not realize it has such a small flash. I run it with betaflight now in 32/16 kHz mode, it is a best fc i had so far.
It is a pity f7 boards are so scarcely represented.

Ps: i see the Omnibus F7 also has 512kb flash - and it is the only f7 fc supported?

Randy,

on a bit of a different topic - is it possible in 3.6 to make 4 lidars supported by default, not 2? i think it is just a simple definition change somewhere? it just would make sense to get all 4 directions covered for object avoidance - to cover front/rear and top/bottom, sides are not critical and will be in reality covered fine with front/rear modules.

Paul,

Mateksys replied that they are indeed working on an f7 version of the F405-Wing board and a GPS/compass module to go with it.

We support a number of the f7 Pixhawk family of boards like the Pixhack V5 and I hear Hex has one or two new Cubes coming with the F7 in it. I think Holybro’s KakuteF7 is also supported now although we don’t seem to have a flight controller page for it.

Paul,

I’ve created a new issue for the request to support 4 lidar by default. It’s not hard but it’s not completely trivial especially the testing.

1 Like

@rmackay9
Thank you and sorry for late reply. I was fighting with my quad to figure out what is going on and being as noob as I am, it is a bit overwhelming.
I did fly this quad with PX4 fw, however when change to ArduPilot, I had an issue where motor test didn’t work but I did check order and direction of motors.
I have found one broken soldering on one of my motors so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with my flip flop.
Best,
Gal

1 Like

Safety switch and Auto tune

Still having issues with the above on this new build , I must be missing something with configuration of Throttle endpoints or something.
Last I was told Autotune stopped after seeing slight YAW on channel 4 maybe due to incorrect midpoint…

I have ESC’s set as this
MIN 1070
MAX 1999

Radio is set MIN 1001 -> 1999 MAX 1500 Center

The ESC calibration page of Mission planner I have set
MID 1070
MAX 1999
MID 1500

HEX
BLHeli_32 ESC in OneShot125
3.6 rc_5
Pixhawk 2.1 cube

I’ve attached a telemetry log of a very short flight trying to Autotune for PITCH only however, again, it did not seem to start and switched back to AltHold.
Tell me what Im missing or why Autotune does not engage?2018-7-15-sfrjames.tlog (690.2 KB)

Rick,

Thanks for testing and providing feedback…

To try and determine if this is a regular setup issue vs a Copter-3.6 issue, could could you try using Copter-3.5.7 instead? If that works then we know it’s a change in Copter-3.6. If it doesn’t then we can be more sure that it’s a configuration issue.

The reason I’m keen to separate the issue from a regular support issue is that with so many users, if we mix in regular support with the Copter-3.6 beta testing it makes the task of getting the new version out much much larger and it will take longer as well.

Randy,

I see the
http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/beta/KakuteF4/
path, but i do not see anything specifically stating KakuteF7 - is there a build for it someplace else?

I presume a KakuteF4 .apj file should not be flashed into KakuteF7?

I have found a dedicated bootloader .bin file for kakuteF7, but not the arducopter flash.

Paul,

Re the KakuteF7, I think support has just been added for the KakuteF7 but only the bleeding edge “latest” version of ArduPilot has it. I’m basing this on someone in the AP/ChibiOS gitter channel talking about it and finding this directory.

I suspect we will create a wiki page for it soon and maybe the next release candidate will include support for this board. In all honesty, the ChibiOS stuff is moving so fast even I’m having a hard time keeping up so I’ll check with @tridge.

yes, thanks to some great work by Huibean Luo the KakuteF7 is supported now, and has had successful test flights. The microSD support seems to have an issue - it works sometimes, but often fails. Other than that it seems to be working well.

1 Like

Why are you using althold for AutoTune instead of the new improved poshold AutoTune

Hi,

is there any information on the factors for the microSD issue? i received kakute f7 aio FC - flashed it with no issues, upon startup i see
No IO Thread Heartbeat ()
and
PreArm: Logging failed
messages.

i tried so far 2 latest generation sandisk cards - 8gb and 16gb. is there anything else that is known about SD card problem? i saw old thread where “No IO Thread Heartbeat ()” had a suggested ‘fix’ to set log_file_bufsize to ‘4’ - is there anything similar here?

here are all messages i see printed on the kakute:

PreArm: Logging failed
PreArm: Need 3D Fix
PreArm: Compass not healthy
PreArm: Throttle below Failsafe
EKF2 IMU0 tilt alignment complete
No IO Thread Heartbeat ()
Initialising APM
Frame: QUAD
KakuteF7 003C003A 34345117 39383339
ChibiOS: c77e7465
ArduCopter V3.6-dev (d86dbee1)
Barometer calibration complete

on a card i see sometimes partially formed files with incomplete names. odd.

ps: buzzer, if soldered, is producing non stop tone, i guess it is also yet not finalized? is there a dedicated thread for this fc issues?

Looks like “Motor Test” is not working in the new builds also rolling back to master firmware from Beta is not working. EDIT Solved. RC trim mim greater that trim. set trim value to 1500.

Also, i flashed kakute f7 with no issues using befaflight gui and ardupilot_with_bl hex file. Is it possible now to flash betaflight back into it, if yes, how?
As if i press boot button now and connect usb cord - there is no new device at all showing added in windows. MP seems working fine but i wanted to test telemetry wires i soldered in betaflight and got stuck. How to recover DFM bootloader? Or is it irreversible?

I have exactly the same problem as you. Do you have a way to contact you directly??? Whatsapp maybe?
I’ve tried everything and discovered lot of things. I would like to discuss it with you

As i do not hide :slight_smile: - my email is paulatkin73@gmail.com

Pls email me.
So far i only got one true showstopper - cannot get s.port telemetry to go via r-xsr, so far. Used 3 diff diodes between tx/rx, 10,5k,1k resistors, it refuses to work. Very annoying

Hi, i have rc6 loaded on kakute f7 - saw your message here and just tried - motor test worked fine, default settings.

Solved: I needed to input RC trim mim greater that trim. set trim value to 1500 and it worked. Not sure about ESC calibration working 100%.

if you try dshot protocols - be extra careful and take off props, my model did something bazaar on it - span motors while disarmed after some initial blips.

1 Like

I just received my PixHack V5 today and connected it to MP. It connected but was missing the serial parameters to configure. I upgraded to the latest copter beta version with FMU V5 support and now, it does not work at all.
The USB ports is no longer recognized. When I connect the USB, it says installing USB driver for PX4 BL FMU v5x and then about 15-30 seconds later says USB device not recognized. When I insert the USB, the FMU flashes green for a couple of seconds and the I/O lights flash - slow red, solid blue, blinking white. I hooked up the DSU7/Debug port but nothing is coming out of the serial port. I am hoping there is a way to fully reset or an alternative to uploading new firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated!