Confirmation that this crash was due to a failed motor

Dont hold back on blaming the T-Motor ESCs if you think that is the cause.
Move on to something that works reliably.

Thanks Shawn - fair enough. I’ll try out the xrotor pro 80A HV I guess. Forsee any issues pairing them with my Tmotor motors?
Also, if the alphas are to blame here… Is it desync we’re dealing with? Can we confidently say that based on the plot above with rpm ceasing to track thr_out? Or maybe there’s another factor…

A brief update… I swapped out the Alpha 60A HV ESCs for a different brand, and the first thing I noticed after going through the setup and calibration is that the motors now idle when armed - before they wouldn’t be spinning when simply armed @ 0 throttle.
From what I’ve read it is better that they do idle… but I’m interested to learn if there were any serious adverse effects of the way it was set up before?

It may have been from not doing the motor spin tests during my setup, and not paying careful enough attention to what the Alpha PWM range is. (1100-1900 I believe)

Not sure if it is at all related to the supposed desync issue above. So far the new set of ESCs haven’t reproduced the issue but more tests probably needed to be confident.

MOT_SPIN_ARM controls this. Set it how you want it. Some like them to spin slowly some not at all.

Yeah I’ve heard of that happening before with the T-Motor ESCs - the motors not spinning when armed. That in itself is not terrible, but then it takes about 3 seconds for the motors to spin up when you give it throttle for takeoff and while that spinnup is happening PID terms are building and you get thrust loss messages then the aircraft finally LAUNCHES into the air before PIDs come under control.
My opinion is that you CAN do everything “by the book” and set everything up to suit the T-Motor ESCs and still they will have a limited range of control and still give desync-like issues.

Stick with the new ESCs if they are good quality and suitably rated.

1 Like

Interesting, thank you. I’ll definitely keep an eye on how the new ESCs perform. Not too sure on the ‘quality’ though. Hobbywing xrotor pro 80A from aliexpress… Hobbywing support said its an authentic product based on s/n but that its been discontinued for some years now… Wonder if anyone has experience using the ESCs from aliexpress stores.

@Asher I checked your log, it should be the crash caused by the failure of C7 motor or ESC; You should replace the C7 ESC and motor.