Complete Newbie here

Greetings all,

Maybe you can point me in the right direction…? I’ve had the seemingly brilliant idea of utilizing a Drone to assist me in my “land use management practices”. I say “seemingly brilliant” in a slightly cynical manner as I know I’m a bit late to the game on this. But I think this might be a good way to save time and money. I’m looking for a way to send a Drone into open land and take pictures of the ground whereupon I can analyze the data to find such things as human trails, animal trails, plant species - native and non-native, hydrological features, topography etc…Land use stuff.
Do you guys know if there is a camera/GPS type system that can be attached to a drone that can take such pics and then in turn is there a relatively inexpensive software that can be used to convert these images into maps on the home PC?

I’d be super appreciated if anyone can shed some light on this for me.

@NatGeo,
Our sister website has had quite a few discussion posts concerning the topics that you are interested in: diydrones.com/
Regards,
TCIII Admin

alright

Sir i think this is what you are looking for…

plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/common- … -tutorial/

Everything you want to do can be done on the cheap but be prepared for a very steep learning curve. If you skip steps or rush you will destroy your equipment, at this point the learning process becomes expensive as well!!

Learn to fly your machine properly before you start the GIS stuff that way you will know when things are not acting like they should,

Good luck