I have been trying to compile the 3.4 latest code and it doesn’t work. The code compiles just fine but the copter has bad oscillation. If I install the latest build the copter works just fine.
With bad oscillation I would change the Stabilize PIDs but they are not longer available to change.
Well I managed to download the 3.3.4. pixracer version and compile that. Well it flies but not very responsive. It’s like the PIDs are really soft.
There are some new things added to PX4Firmware like gtest that cause compile errors maybe because of long path names or something.
Anyway there seems to be an issue with compiling on windows with the current development envirnmont.
After checking the logs it has the opposite problem of the 3.4 dev. The motor outputs are changing up and down so fast that the copter can not react to the changes. It just seems like sluggish performance.
I have now setup a ubantu system and compiled the code. Even though the size does not match the released copy of it, it does indeed fly normally.
So if your going to compile the code don’t bother with windows.
I did notice that if I compile all the models the file size goes up. This would indicate that I picked up some lint alone the way.
Now I need to find a way to compare the compiled files to see where it goes sideways. As it would have it the two file systems have nothing in common.