Coming soon - New "mRo Location One" a CAN GPS sensor

Awesome
Any information on its physical dimension. I have a drone that is in need of a gps.

2 Likes

Can this be fitted internally on the 3DR Solo?

2 Likes

Thanks for the dimensions.
Sadly is to big for my drone even with the smallest size.

Good luck …cheers

Oh and that Super EMI Absorber…great stuff

1 Like

Thanks, Pedro. M8 has been fitted to my Solo along with the EMI shields already, so I’m looking beyond that to a better solution. I’ll have to keep looking.

2 Likes

We are about to add products to the GPS family. Stay tuned!

Best Regards!

Pedro Matabuena
mRobotics Director
Twitter: @pmatabuena

2 Likes

Hello RickyG, this are the specs that you need for the mRo Location One GPS-

1 Like

Hey thanks for this.
I assume its a measurement in mm…I reproduced the drawing based on this info and I can see that if your drawing is accurate it will fit very nicely on my large drone.

Wa hoooo.

1 Like

Good day, when it will be available in your store? i need buy two for my drone project…

1 Like

Very nice, will this be supporting the UAV CAN pre 1.0 that we are using today for the most part ?

You guys have clearly put a lot of effort into this one.

1 Like

Very impressive.

If you make an f9p version I’d be very keen

1 Like

Check the “mRo u-Blox ZED-F9 RTK L1/L2 GPS”

https://store.mrobotics.io/product-p/mr-m10020-a.htm

mRo u-Blox ZED-F9 RTK L1:L2 GPS Front

1 Like

We got a couple Location One in for testing and it is by far the best GPS unit I’ve tested (we’ve tested 13 so far). It manages a 0.6 HDOP in our office, which is the best indoor HDOP I’ve ever seen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve the same Gps module…its really very sensitive, and you don’t need spend minutes to aquire the gps signal. Outdoor the HDOP is really very low…the rm3100 mag help a lot specially if around your area you have few mag field…
Not all CAN Gps are the same… but this one is really the best option you can find.
Firmware can be also update using MP.

2 Likes

Hi Guys,
Had two mRo Location one installed and after a long calibration process got this in the orientation:
Seems not aligned with the forward heading of the unit and flipped…any ideas?

1 Like

Can you attach pls the pics about how you mounted it?

1 Like

KitCAN node is awesome… I’ve already done three flights…, very accurate measurement in plus you have the baro and arm switch.
Baro reading is more accurate than the baro on the fc…with a very low light sensibility than the venerable ms5611

2 Likes

The front of the drone is aligned with the arrow on the mRo Location One unit

Even there is the arm switch, it will not affect the external one you have… but it can help just in case you damage the external one or just in case it will not work properly…,

1 Like

Good day, during the calibration did you set the automatic learn off set?
i saw in your settings you have disabled the primary compass… leaving active the second and the third.
Which firmware version are you using?

1 Like

Hi @Dave84,
I have disabled the automatic offset learn.
I’ve left only the two external mRo units active (one of them as primary).
I’m using V4.0.0.

1 Like