Collective on extra Channel

Hi,

i try to use the APM 2.5 with Miru Mod on my AR-Drone 2.0 …

The problem is, i need the unmixed PWM Output from the APM …
I´ve try it with the Helicopter Mode…
I´ve config 2 Servos on 0° and 90° … So i became out the Roll and Pitch on seperat Channels… The Yaw Channel also works fine…

But the Problem is the collective… I need a unmixed Output for it … If i config the APM , collective in Stab Mode to max 50% and min 50% i became a unmixed output from the Roll and Pitch Channel … Thats fine…

But at last , how i can get the collective on a extra Channel ???

No, unfortunately I don’t think that’s possible at this time. It would require a dev change to the AP_MotorsHeli.cpp class.

What is Miru Mod? What exactly are you trying to do? Is this an H1 Heli? We do have an H1 mode which doesn’t mix roll/pitch/collective.

Mhhh ok …

I did not really want to deal with the code, but ok… but i´ve think about it … I never seen befor a so complex Arduino Code, so it take a while…

I i´ve write some Arduino Codes too … But nothing like this… And i still better with Labview.

MiruMod is a RC Mod for the Parrot AR-Drone …

I try, to use the Mod to Controll the AR-Drone with the APM 2.5, so i need unmixed completely unmixed output from the APM because the AR-Drone Flight Controller is mixing his gain´s her self…

The AR-Drone self can´t fly autonomous GPS waypoints… I also like the “follow me” function …

So i just need 4 unmixed channels for , Roll, Pitch, Climb and Yaw ,

Why don’t you use the PX4 for the AR? store.3drobotics.com/products/px … -board-kit

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Fire using Tapatalk

Mhh,

i´ve read about…

The PX4 replace the AR Board … But i like it.

I like the controll APP´s for Smartphone … Also i like and need tu use the Interface for Labview …
And on the AR Board runs Linux… So i have some options for the future…

For example u can run a Python runtime on the AR Board so u can run some Python Code´s on it…
And at last i realy like the object tracing function.
The AR Drone can tracking and follow a symbol card with the bottom Cam.

So i need to keep the AR Board…

On the PX runs some Linux too and with Andropilot or Droidplanner, you have great smartphone apps :slight_smile:. Just saying… :slight_smile:

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Fire using Tapatalk

The H1 Heli code will give you those 4 channels unmixed. The only problem is that it’s run through a rate PID first. So that would make it tricky.

Ok … thx for the info … I didn´t read much about PX … I also done with Moding my Drone with “Franken Drone Mod” ( Bigger Motors , LIPO´s and ESC on a bigger frame ) … So i think the information came to late for me …
But good to know … Maybe later i think about a PX …

That sounds good to me … .
What is the H1 Code ?? A custom firmware ???

Yes … the think with the PID … I´ve think about it befor … U right … it´s can be a little bit tricky
If this realy work… ther are two PID after moding… The first on ther APM and ther 2´nd on AR-Board …

I can´t adjust the PID on AR-Drone Board… There some things that i can adjust in the developer example … But i don´t know what is for what …

So thats another Problem … But if it would be easy if someone another had already done the Mod :wink:

But … step by step …

What is the H1 Code ?? where can i found some think to read or better where i can find the Code ??

The H1, it just means running the traditional firmware code in H1 swashplate mode.

I do NOT know if this will do what you need. You’re doing something completely different from what was intended.

Ok, …

i´ve try the H1 option and just look at the at the telemetry data but at first it looks fine …

There are 4 channels and it looks like unmixed data …( Servo 1: 0° and Servo 2: 90° )

Now i have roll on ch 1 , pitch on ch 2 , col on ch 3 and yaw on ch 4 …

So thanks a lot for the advice …