Clone Pixhawk PX4 PIX 2.4.8 Flight with NEO-M8N

Hello!

I am new to Ardupilot and drones but not new to RC helis and planes (900 helis, 110cc giant planes etc.).

I am looking to built a S500 size quad-copter using an Ardupilot compatible system. After reading, searching and watching countless hours of information, I decided to get the S500 Holybro kit with Pixhawk 4C and all the Holybro electronics come with the kit. Unfortunately, I cannot find any store in the USA that has stock of the kit nor the electronics of this kit or even . I can only get the S500 frame from many other places. So the next well established FC I found is the Hex Orange+ cube with Hex3+ etc. but I cannot justify the cost of this great system at this stage of my UAS endeavor.

So I found in Amazon what I believe is a Pixhawk PX4 PIX 2.4.8 “clone” for a great price. I am very skeptical using questionable electronics on a flying machine…

Any recommendations, suggestions thoughts and would you tried the Amazon deal?

Thanks!

instead of using unknown hardware with F4 processor, to spend even less I would use a H7 processor (2mb of flash to have the complete fw) from a known manufacturer and compatible with arducopter.

http://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=h743-slim

I follow your advise and I went with the following:
Mateksys XCLASS FCHUB
Mateksys AP_Periph GNSS M10-L4-3100
Matek H743-Slim V3

Thanks again for the advise :slight_smile:

1 Like