Change speed during fly the mission

I only know of doing it in Guided mode.

btw I tried to configure USB joystick and it changes the speed in the flight. So this means that the ability works from the hardware side. But Mission Planner does not have the good way to control the speed.

you can get a cheap usb interface to connect ppm port (trainer) of rc transmitter (pre RF stage outputs) to mission planner straight into the joystick command.
That way you can use the Tx direct 2.4G link to take off into mission or rtl, then turn Tx off and plug into laptop and continue control over 3g

Can the radio RC and USB joystick be used at the same time? RC for control and USB only for TUNE (via channel 6)?

I already checked. It can. I configured only one (!) channel for USB joystick (ch6) and now I can control the quad by my RC (land or take off) and at the same time I can change the speed by the slider of USB joystick.

I configured channel 6 MIN/MAX as 800-1800 and TUNE MIN/MAX also 800-1800. So now the position of the slider in USB joystick reflects the desired (tuned) speed of the copter over the AUTO mission.

One more issue which I got rid with help of this approach is the constant message that the RC receiver failsafe on the HUD screen of Mission Planner. Because now when I activated USB joystick it sends the command in channel 6 and AP thinks that the RC exists. So two wins at the same time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi guys, one more question from me. As I stated above - this method of the tune works well. But one thing worries me. When my copter flights by the straight line in autonomous mode and if I tune the WP Speed, I notice the sharp pikes by pitch. So I for example reduce the speed from 15 m/s to 14 m/s and in this moment the copter roughly twitches by pitch axis. I assume it tries to reduce the speed but does it too roughly. How can I get rid of these rough twitches and make the tuning more smoothly? Thanks.