Cant seem to get the board to initialise properly

I recently updated my firmware to v3.1 and i managed to flash the FMU board successfully following the message prompts flashed on the screen but I cant seem to flash my IO board. I keep getting the two high pitched beeps that you get after successful update of the IO board. But I cant get out of the bootloader mode to normal mode. Anybody else has this problem?

Btw the safety switch is referring to the switch we use to arm/disarm the board right?

and the instructions on the website is different from the message prompts on the mission planner, which one should i follow?

plus i cant calibrate my radio…

This is the message I get from the px4io_update file.

‘[PX4IO] poll timeout 0
[PX4IO] poll timeout 0
[PX4IO] bootloader not responding
Failed loading /fs/microsd/px4io.bin

And this is the message i get from the boot file

‘Starting APM sensors
Trying PX4IO board
Failed to start rgbled driver
Starting ArduPilot /dev/ttyACM0 /dev/ttyS2
rc.APM finished’

Do you have the 3DRadio plugged into the telemetry port UART5? If so, try unplugging it and do the IO Firmware update procedure again.

There’s an issue there that needs to be resolved. Apparently you can’t update the firmware if the radio is plugged in. I just discovered this yesterday.

As for the RC calibration, can you see any channel inputs? Which Rx are you using?

There is a problem with the PX4 (and Pixhawk) RC input system that is unresolved.

[quote=“Rob_Lefebvre”]Do you have the 3DRadio plugged into the telemetry port UART5? If so, try unplugging it and do the IO Firmware update procedure again.

There’s an issue there that needs to be resolved. Apparently you can’t update the firmware if the radio is plugged in. I just discovered this yesterday.

As for the RC calibration, can you see any channel inputs? Which Rx are you using?

There is a problem with the PX4 (and Pixhawk) RC input system that is unresolved.[/quote]

Ohhhh… Right sir. I have the MinimOSD plugged in. I guess its whats causing the problem.
I think thats why when I uploaded the previous firmware (V 3.0.1), it worked smoothly.

As for RC calibration, I can’t see any channel inputs. Using the Futaba T8FG super radio system (hooked up via S.Bus)

Will get back as soon as possible. Thanks so much sir!

[quote=“Rob_Lefebvre”]Do you have the 3DRadio plugged into the telemetry port UART5? If so, try unplugging it and do the IO Firmware update procedure again.

There is a problem with the PX4 (and Pixhawk) RC input system that is unresolved.[/quote]

HOLY SHENNANIGANS SIR! IT WORKED! IT FREAKING WORKED!!! WOOHOOOO!!!

Thank you so much sir!

How about the RC input, is it working too?

The PX4IO code has to be running and communications have to be working between the PX4IO and the FMU in order to calibrate the radio. I use the radio calibration page as a really quick test to see if they are working. If not, then something is wrong, generally either no code or no comms

Yes sir! It’s working.

Even did a controls test with the props unmounted.