Can't get manual flight with Taranis X9D + 2019, X8R, Cube Orange

Calibrations are all done compass calibrated, motor spins work (sometimes). The cube occasionally doesn’t want to connect to qgroundcontrol or mission planner. I paired the X9D to X8R but cannot arm the drone from the controller and get manual flight.

Are you trying to do rudder arming?
First select a flight mode, maybe AltHold
Throttle to minimum, rudder to full right - hear a tone
rudder to center and raise throttle slightly, props should be going (all equal speeds)

Set LOG_DISARMED to 1 and reboot the flight controller then retry whatever you are doing now.
Set LOG_DISARMED back to 0 and download the .bin log file via MissionPlanner or QGC
Upload the .bin log file to some file sharing service like dropbox and paste the link in here.

It is a hexacopter, I am currently not with the drone anymore but I will upload the log tomorrow. I am trying to arm the system and get manual flight from the controller.

It will be worthwhile setting up the Yaapu Telemetry script on that transmitter and doing the (easy) wiring for it to the receiver.
Messages plus all the other HUD and battery data are worth every second you spend getting it to work.

I’ll update with the instructions if you havent already done it.
Found it:

Should I upload Yaapu Telemetry Script to the transmitter through OpenTx or how should I go about that?

Just follow the instructions on the yaapu GitHub pages, it becomes more obvious as you work through the steps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xu8PDpTUA_T4c2FAfg00AX9llnZfQlXS/view?usp=sharing
The file was too big so I ended up just uploading the file to google drive.

Was anyone able to see any errors?

PreArm: 3D Accel calibration needed
PreArm: Compass not calibrated

Redo the Accel calibration very carefully.
For the compass calibration, go outside and wait for a good GPS 3D Fix, then do the compass calibration.

PreArm: Throttle below Failsafe
PreArm: Check FS_THR_VALUE

I would change FS_THR_VALUE to 970 and I think you’ll find that will be OK. I have the same RC PWM values as you (same transmitter of course)
We use a spring-centred throttle and PILOT_THR_BHV,7