Can PixFalcon run ArduPlane latest, including ArduSoar?

Can anyone tell me if the latest version of ArduPlane, including ArduSoar functionality, will fit and run on a PixFalcon? Here are the specs on the system:

Processor: 32bit STM32F427 Cortex M4 core with FPU, 168 MHz 256 KB RAM, 2 MB Flash Storge,32 bit STM32F103 failsafe co-processor.

Sensor: ST Micro L3GD20H 16 bit gyroscope, ST Micro LSM303D 14 bit accelerometer / magnetometer, Invensense MPU 6000 3-axis accelerometer/gyroscope, MEAS MS5611 barometer.

Interfaces: 1x UART (serial ports), Spektrum DSM / DSM2 / DSM-X® Satellite compatible input, Futaba S.BUS® compatible input and output, PPM sum signal input, I2C, Internal microUSB port.

It’s years old, but ran ArduPlane 3.8 just fine a few years ago.

Kelly

Good day, pixfalcon is already out of date and it’s limited on uarts… aux, can bus port.
You can look for the mRo x2.1 777 or x2.1 red board… its more customizable for the periphs you need

Thanks Dave. My question was not what is a current flight controller? I know all the latest and have several of them. My question was whether the current code will fit in the PixFalcon. I believe it does. I have two complete systems already configured with all the peripherals of interest, and both have been running ArduPlane 3.8 and prior on them successfully for a number of years. I was just curious if the latest code had grown to the size where it did not fit on earlier controllers.

It fits. I have a falcon running right now. No issues.
It might be a bit out of date but who cares…it rocks still.

Thanks @rickyg32. Agree, who cares its vintage, if it runs the code reliably? I updated firmware to latest beta last night, and seems to hang together thus far on the bench. One question I was rusty on when selecting firmware, maybe you can confirm or correct. I chose the FMUV2 variant. Is that the right build for this FC?

Oh man to be honest I dont recall. Sounds right but I cant say for sure sorry man. I never got that right. Figure if it works I leave it alone

I don’t have a Pixfalcon but I saw some posts stating it was the same as Pixhawk1 for firmware. The Pixhawk1 firmware Hwdef file includes:
include …/fmuv3/hwdef.dat

Meaning include the contents of FMUV3 plus what follows in the file for Pixhawk1.

I’ve done a test with my old pixfalcon board, it run smooth without any problems.
I’ve run FMUv2 and also FMUv3

Thank you all. Getting back into ArduPlane after a two-year layoff. Most of the rust has come off pretty easily.

According to https://docs.px4.io/v1.9.0/en/flight_controller/pixfalcon.html
the pixfalcon is the same as a Pixhawk1.

ArduPilot has 2 binary options for this: Pixhawk1 and Pixhawk1-1M.
The Pixhawk1-1M version is for boards which have older silicon with the 1M limitation on flash memory.