CAN GPS issue (partly detected)

I seem to have an issue with my QCopter

I recently rebuilt the entire system - was working but thought it will be nice to do for a clean-up. In the process I upgraded to the latest firmware

I run a Cube Purple in a mini board. The Here3 GPS is installed on a stand far away from anything else and is connected to CAN2. On powerup here is a 5 second delay in booting the Cube to allow the GPS to boot first.

I can see the compass in the GPS unit – on the “Compass” page I can see the device id, bus (CANUAV), address, device type, etc
I am also able to calibrate the compass successfully.
In the “DroneCAN/UAVCAN” page, running SLCAN on either CAN1 or CAN2 I do not see the GPS reporting in. I could do this in the past and did upgrade the software - not sure of the version though

As soon as I power and connect the RC remote, I get the following error.
GPS waiting for home
Or Fence require position

Home is programmed and shown on the map along with the correct location, heading and track info.

The .bin file is at https://drive.google.com/file/d/10jGBnBeneSLxxL91QDkU9Yqmg3nD0kDG/view?usp=sharing

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Good day, did you set as GPS type the parameter to 9??
For fence just uncheck if you set it

Hi

Yea, the following is configured…

CAN_D1_PROTOCOL, 1
CAN_D2_PROTOCOL, 1
CAN_P1_DRIVER, 1
CAN_P2_DRIVER, 2
CAN-SLCAN-CPORT, 2
GPS_AUTO_CONFIG, 1
GPS_AUTO_SWITCH, 1
GPS_GNSS_MODE, 65
GPS_GNSS_MODE, 65
GPS_TYPE, 9
GPS_TYPE2, 9
AHRS_GPS_MINSATS, 6

NTF_LED_TYPES, 231
NTF_LED_OVERIDE, 0

LL

1 Like

And FENCE is disabled

Hi
Any further thoughts on the GPS CAN issue??
LL

i will do some test with your parameters but different modules… i will let you know asap

Hello guys, I used a can splitter to connect dual here3 gps unit in a mini carrier board with cube orange as FC, I too could seek the parameters of one of the GPS unit.

What is difference btw CAN1 and CAN2?

Is this the correct way of using CAN splitter to connect dual GPS in can 2 port

Try:
GPS_AUTO_CONFIG = 2
Alternate GPS_AUTO_SWITCH = 0 and = 1. It some times doesn’t pickup the best gps

Also why have you configured both GPS in the parameters and not just GPS2.?

Why is CAN_P2_DRIVER set to 2?

as per the cubepilot it says 1 right?