Call graph of ArduCopter

I’m not good at English. If I have something inappropriate to express, please point out. :face_with_peeking_eye:
I’m trying to get the program call graph with the “callgrind” tool,but I can’t generate the call graph like a simple program,Since I am not very familiar with arducopter, I am confused and do not know the reason. I want to ask:
1.When arducopter runs in SITL, what is the normal exit mode? I use Ctrl + C to exit every time. I guess this is one of the reasons why the tool can’t get the call information.
2. if anyone has used this tool or other open source tools to obtain the call graph of the program.

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hello Jiang,

About your questions:

1. I think it is perfectly fine to kill the proccess with Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Z, it won’t make you lose your logs. The raw logs for the SITL will be in a hidden folder anywhere inside your arducopter project, but if you are using some kind of GCS in your simulation, you can perform log download in the usual way as a real drone.
  2. I have never used this tool, but try this online and free one, it is my favorite one:
    UAV Log Viewer

Let me know if you need further help.

1 Like

Hello Mr Banarini,

Thank you very much for your answer! I’m very excited, because this is my first time to talk to foreigners, hahaha. :laughing:

I have tried the logging tool you mentioned before, but I only know that it can record the parameter information during flight, did you know that function call information can be logged?

In fact, I found my problem the day before yesterday and tried to explore new solutions. Thank you very much for your answer!!!

1 Like