Bug Neo pixel and buzzer not working on 4.3.3 build arducopter

But I tried different ws2812 led with this board those with circular 8 bit led but that didn’t work either with the fc

My opinion: concentrate on the LEDs, ignore the buzzer entirely.
Once armed it’s difficult or impossible to hear the buzzers anyway, so just leave it disconnected and disabled.

2 Likes

The LED output of the flight contoller will only address the first LED along that array. Those circular LED’s and the LED/Buzzer module has more than one LED. So if your parameters and connections are correct, then only the first LED will lit. Are you expecting that all the LED’s of the circular LED array or the buzzer module will lit? Remember the WS2812 LED’s are addressable in order for all the LED’s to work. Did at lease one LED worked?

1 Like

Yes I set the parameter for 8 bit led for the length of 8 led and set the brightness on 3 and selected the led type as Neo pixel i know this cause I have done this led thing on my other quads and those worked flawlessly everytime but I don’t know the issue maybe the board doesn’t support neopixel at all I also changed the firmware to older one no luck so now I will try betaflight to check if it is the ardupilot issue or the fc issue

No leds were lit not a single one i used these both circular and buzzer combo led on other fc and worked just fine

I have not tried this yet. Can you share the parameter name where you can say your LED array has 8 LED? Interesting.

1 Like

NTF_LED_LEN this is the parameter of selecting the number of leds

Thanks for that. Now both my LED’s are now responding.

1 Like

Well atleast yours worked good job

It was working previously but only one LED. After you shared that parameter, two LED’s are not responding. Thanks.

I verified that Neopixel LEDs work on this board - I had an array of 8 working earlier in the week

1 Like

We learn new things everyday.

1 Like

Do I have to plug in the battery for leds to work cause I checked with battery also and i didn’t work maybe my board is faulty

I have other 16 bit square led array also wil check that too

Yes the LiPo battery has to be plug in, in order for the LED’s to work. Plugging the USB into your PC does not supply power to the LED’s.

Ok will try today and update you

No it still didn’t work at All

Did you try to check if you have an output voltage on the LED supply pins after plugging the LiPo battery?

No I didn’t check that

I suggest you check it to make sure that the voltage regulator of that pin is working.

1 Like